We know that sometimes, while rushing, we accidentally delete some text messages that we wanted to keep or we didn’t have the chance to read them. There is a 99% chance to get them back and it requires some time, a thing that is very valuable these days.
In case you deleted all your messages by mistake, you will have to act fast, because the more time it lapses, the lower are the chances to recover them.
Tools that will help you recover the deleted SMS
There are a couple of different tools available for your PC which will help you recover the deleted SMS such as Coolmuster Android SMS+Contacts Recovery, Android Data Recovery and Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android (this one requires a rooted device).
Recovering the lost text messages on your Android
Today we’re going to use Wondershare and here are the steps that you must do in order to recover the lost SMS on your Android phone.
1. First, you will obviously need to download and install the Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android on your PC.
2. Connect your Android phone to your PC with an USB cable (keep in mind that you will need to have the recovery program already installed and running on your PC).
3. Now you will need to enable USB debugging on your Android phone. To do this, you will need to access the Developer Options that can be in the Settings. If it’s not there, you will need to go to “About phone” from Settings and search for the “Build number”. Once you find it, tap fast several times on it. This will unlock the Developer Options and once you are done, you will be able to find it on the Settings menu. Now, that you have access to Developer Options, look for USB Debugging or Android debugging and check the box.
4. You will start getting several prompts in the recovery program to scan or analyze the Android memory.
5. After the process is completed, you will be able to access the preview data stored on your Android device (even if it was deleted or not). As long as the messages you accidentally deleted was not completely deleted from your Android device, you can still grab them back.
6. Now locate the text message folder and then select the messages you want to recover and save them on your PC or ask the application to save them back to your Android phone.
How to prevent this from happening again
Most of the time, you won’t be able to “prevent” these kinds of things, unless you pay more attention next time. However, there are applications such as SMS Backup & Restore that’s free and can be used to backup your SMS, so in case you delete some again, you will simply restore them using this application.