Emotiv is calling innovators, designers, coders, makers, engineers, scientists, product managers, and – just in case you don’t fit in either categories- everyone who’s interested in creating awesome applications using the new Emotiv Insight brainwave headset! Food and entertainment will be on the house, you just need to register and be at Pivotal Labs’ San Francisco HQ on 22 February 2014.The Emotiv Designathon is a day-long design contest, a great opportunity to showcase your innovative ideas and designs, and earn a chance to win a headset to enter the Emotiv Codeathon in the summer!
The goal of the event is to gather the brightest minds to brainstorm and design applications using EEG enabled wearable technology.
Prizes will be awarded for 4 categories:
- Most Helpful – Positively impacts the community
- Most Innovative – Most unique and forward thinking
- Best Wearable Mashup – Best integration of Insight with a wearable device
- Make A Mint – Most commercial and bankable app
- Date: 22 February at 17:00 until 23 February at 05:00
- Location: Pivotal Labs, 875 Howard St, San Francisco, CA, US
- Ticket info, new announcements and list of confirmed judges at eventbrite.com
- Event page: Designathon Facebook
Bonus content: to get you even more motivated for the contest, watch this new video from Australia (home country of Emotiv) showing The Feed’s Marc Fennell joined by Gizmodo’s Luke Hopewell and Techly’s Claire Porter as they check out the new Emotiv Insight!