A Minnesota science fiction and fantasy convention, called CONvergence, is scheduled for the upcoming July 4th weekend. It will feature several steampunk events over the course of the convention. CONvergence is being held at the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, in Bloomington, Minnesota from July 1 – 4, 2010.
The steampunk programming at CONvergence includes:
- Thursday: 11:30 p.m. – The Seedy Side of Steampunk
- Friday: 1:00 p.m. – Steampunk Fashion Exposition
- Friday: 2:00 p.m. – Regency Dance
- Friday: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Steam Century Mystery
- Friday: 7:00 p.m. – Steampunk on the Page
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 5 p.m. – Steam Century Mystery
- Saturday: 5:00 p.m. – Steampunk
- Saturday: 11:30 p.m. – Horror at Cold Springs Release Party
- Sunday: 12:30 p.m. – Ooh Shiny! (Steampunk Crafts)
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m. – Steampunk Costuming
Tickets for CONvergence will be for sale at the door. However, only full weekend passes are available; there are no single-day tickets. Tickets are $80 for adults, $60 for children 13 – 17, $30 for children 6 – 12, and children 5 and under are free.
In addition to the steampunk programming, CONvergence 2010 will feature appearances by L.A. Banks, Jeremy Bulloch, Paul Cornell, Bridget Landry, Chuck McCann, Wally Wingert, and the ever popular musician and performer Voltaire. There will also be plenty of other science fiction and fantasy programming, a vendor room, an artist alley, a masquerade, a silent auction, and much much more.
Visit www.convergence-con.org for more information.