Mozilla Firefox is one of the most used browsers and it offers the extension features to help the users get the most out of this browser. If you are a loyal Mozilla Firefox user, these tips and trick might help you to maximize the experience.
Sometimes, you can find “Warning: Unresponsive script” on your Mozilla. When this message appears, Mozilla Firefox browser can’t load the page and becomes unresponsive. If you are facing that issue right now, try these steps.
- Open Mozilla Firefox > type “about: config” on the address bar, and press enter.
- If the “This might void your warranty” message appears, click on the button “I’ll be careful, I promise”.
- In the search box type: “dom.max_script_run_time” and press Enter.
- Double click on the search on the preference name
- A new window will open
- Now you need to enter number 30
- Press “OK” button.
- Restart Mozilla Firefox
You can lock your browser with a password and by doing so, the history and data on that app will safe.
- Click on the Mozilla menu icon > “Add-ons” > choose “Get add-ons” > type “Master Password +” in the search field > click on the search button > click “Install” > Restart the browser.
- After the restart, navigate to “Menu”> “Options”, select “Security”
- Put a checkmark next to “Use a master password”.
The homepage is the first page you will see when you launch the browser. If you have a favorite website that you often visit and want to make it a homepage, just follow the instruction below:
- Click on the menu icon > select “Options” > General.
- On the “Startup” section, you will see “When Firefox starts” setting in the form of drop-down menu,
- Choose “Show my home page”, and the next step is to specify the address of the desired future homepage.
Plugins are super useful, but if you installed too many, they can cause the performance issues so you should disable a few. Here is how:
Start your browser. Click on three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner and select “Add-ons” >> “Plugins”. Now choose “Never Activate”.
Run Mozilla Firefox in Safe mode: Start the browser > Type “about:support” in the address bar > Select “Restart with add-ons disabled”
Refresh Mozilla Firefox: Start the browser > Type «about: support» in the address bar and press enter > Select “Refresh Firefox”
Sometimes, Mozilla Firefox can be really slow. That issue is related to several things. You can get its fast performance back with a few simple workarounds.
- Disable plugins: Open the browser > Menu > Add-ons > Plugins. Now, choose the plugin and select the option “Never activate”
- Disable add-ons: Open the browser > Menu > Add-ons > Extensions. Choose the add-on and click on “Remove ” or “Disable” next to it. Restart the browser.
- Clear history: Open the browser > Menu > History > Clear recent history > Select the option Clear Everything and click Clear now.
Doing an update is something suggested to avoid the common issues, like some software bugs. These tips will show you how to configure Mozilla Firefox updates so that you always get the latest version.
Click “Help” button > “About Firefox” > click on “Restart Firefox to Update”
Click the Firefox menu icon > open “Options” > go to the “Advanced” tab > click on the “Update” tab > choose “Automatically install updates”.
Profile on Mozilla Firefox is related to a certain configuration. if you want to reset it to the initial profile , just follow these steps.
- Exit Mozilla Firefox browser
- Press the keyboard shortcut «Windows» + «R».
- enter the command Firefox.exe -p and press Enter. a new window will appear and it will show you your Firefox profiles from which you can delete it.
Cookies are the special files, which store the data about the users on various sites. They keep passwords and login, and other settings of visited sites. Here is how to configure the cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- Enable cookies: Open the browser > Menu > Options > in a new window click on Privacy > History > “Use custom settings for History” > check the option “accept cookies from sites”.
- Unblock cookies: go to, Exceptions, see if the website is on the list and then click on the option “Remove Site”.
- Remove the cookies: Open the browser > Menu > History > Clear Recent History > Everything > Clear now.
You can change the theme of your browser if you are getting bored with your current theme. Doing so is really simple.
Add the theme to the browser
Click on the Firefox menu > Open Menu> Add-ons >Get Add-ons. Now, scroll down and find “Featured Themes”. Click on “Show All” > pick the theme you want and then click on “Add to Firefox”.
Change the theme
Open the menu icon > Add-ons > Appearance. You will see all the themes there. Click “Enable”, and the theme will be changed.
By default, the download file will be saved in a download folder. If you want to change it , just follow the instructions below.
Click the Firefox menu button > select “Options” > “General” tab, and you will find the configuration section “Downloads” > select “Save files to” > click on “Browse” button > select the folder from your computer and confirm with “Select Folder”.
To open multiple accounts online in one browser seems impossible. But, in Mozilla Firefox, that thing can be done, just follow the steps below:
Go to the Mozilla menu icon > “add-ons” >“Get add-ons” > in the search box, type “Multifox” > click “Install”. After the installation, you will find “Multifox” icon > click “New” to create a new profile.
Mozilla Firefox maintenance service allows the browser to install updates without your permission. An update can help you to keep the stability, security of your browser. But, if you want to disable it or remove this service, do the following:
Open the menu icon > select “Options” > “Advanced” > “Update” > uncheck “Use a background service to install updates”.
To uninstall the Maintenance service.
Click “Start” button > open Control Panel > “Programs and Features” > “Mozilla Maintenance Service” > click “Uninstall”
Bookmark is one of the important data of a browser to store all the website addresses you have saved. If you want to export or import bookmarks of Mozilla Firefox, follow these steps.
Click on the “Bookmarks” > “Show All Bookmarks” > select “Import and Backup” >> “Export Bookmarks to HTML” > press “Save”.
Click on the “Bookmarks” > “Show All Bookmarks” > select “Import and Backup” >> “Import Bookmarks from HTML” > go to the folder where the file “bookmarks” were saved > select that file and click “Open”
Pop-ups can be really annoying. But, the good thing is that you can disable them. Here is how:
Click the button “Open Menu” on the toolbar > select “Options” > “Content” section > check “Block pop-ups windows”.
This is the fastest way to delete the history on Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Open the menu at the top-right corner and click on “History” >> “Clear Recent History”.
- Confirm your action by pressing on “Clear Now”.
- Go to “Options”. In the Privacy put the tick next to “Clear history when Firefox closes”.
In the Incognito mode, all your browsing data will not be saved in history, cookies or cache. This mode is suitable if you want to use the browser privately and safely.
Go to Mozilla Firefox menu > click on “New Private Window”
By default, Mozilla Firefox uses Google as the search engine. If you want to change it as you want and need, follow these steps.
Go to Mozilla Firefox menu > select “Options” > go to the “Search” section > in the “Default search engine” box select the search engine you want.
Parental control is a feature is a very useful feature, and as a parent, you want to make sure your kids won’t get the access to inappropriate content. Here the ways to activate it.
Go to Mozilla Firefox menu > “Add-ons” >“Get add-ons” > in the search box, type “Parental Control” > click “Install”.
Speed dial is a feature in Mozilla that allows you to access the most visited website with just one click. To set it up you can follow the steps.
Go to Mozilla Firefox menu > “Add-ons” >“Get add-ons” > in the search box, type “Speed dial” > click “Install” > Restart your browser. After you launch the browser again, Mozilla will offer the standard set of websites, but you can change everything according to your needs and desires.