If you just joined Snapchat, there are certain things to catch and learn if you want to become a Pro, and that includes the meaning of emojis. While you may think what’s the big deal, emojis on Snapchat actually are a big deal as they have special meaning and can show you the direction of the relationships there. So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
See also: What does pending mean on Snapchat?
Meaning of Snapchat emojis
- Golden heart on Snapchat – when you see a golden heart emoji on Snapchat, it means that you and another person send the most snaps to one another. You are now best friends.
- Red heart – You and the other person are best friends for two weeks.
- Pink hearts – you and the other person have a more serious relationship now. You are besties for two months.
- Birthday cake – it is the birthday of the person
- Baby – You and another person just became friends
- Smile – You and another person are sending each other snaps often, but you are not yet best friends.
- Smirk – Another person sends you a lot of snaps, but you don’t send enough back to be best friends. If becoming best friends with this person is something you want to go toward, make sure to send more snaps their way.
- Hourglass – this emoji shows that you are about to lose the snapstrike with one of the users
These are some of the emojis you may see from time to time and now that you know the meaning, you are about to become a Snapchat pro.
You may also read: Here is how to trim a video on Snapchat