If you use more than one web browser on your computer, you will need to choose one and set it as the default. Using the default web browser, the operating system will open any HTML and HTMLS files, and also the hyperlinks in the text documents and other applications. In this guide, we will show you how to make Opera as the default web browser.
You also may read: How To Block Pop-ups In Opera Browser
How To Make Opera As Default Web Browser
If you have already installed Opera browser on your computer, and you skipped the step “Make Opera my default web browser” during the installation, you need to go to the browser settings, to make it your default browser. To do this, you must perform a few simple steps:
- Launch the Opera browser
- Click on “Menu” icon at the top-left corner of the browser window and open “Settings” section. You can also open this page by using the keyboard shortcut Alt + P
- Among the various settings, find the section “Default Browser”
Here you can see the info that Opera is not currently your default browser. Also, there is a button “Make Opera my default browser”. Click on it and confirm.
Restart the browser to save the changes.
Note! In Windows 10, the button “Make Opera my default browser”, leads you to the Windows 10 “Default apps” settings.
There you need to do following actions:
In “Default apps” settings, click on Microsoft Edge icon (or any other browser that is the default) and select “Opera” from the list.
Another way is through the Windows Control Panel:
- With the right mouse button click and hold on “Start” button, and click on “Control Panel” in the menu
- Among the items displayed, select the category “Programs”
- Click “Default Programs” section
- Among the list of programs located on the left side of the window, select “Opera Stable”
The right side will show more information about the browser and there will be two buttons. If you want to make Opera as the default browser, click on the button “Set this program as default” and click on “OK”.
Image Source: www.hdwallpapershoot.com