We get a chance to meet new people almost every day, at work, school, or at a party. Getting to know part won’t always go smoothly, and we may find ourselves trapped in boring conversations about the weather or work or school related things. How to avoid this? How to break the ice and really get to know the person? When people seem interesting and you want to learn more about them, ask questions about their interests, hobbies, etc. We are going to list top 50 questions to ask to get to know someone.
The following getting to know you questions are great ice-breakers that will lead to new topics you can discuss. They will keep the conversation going and they are also ideal for first dates.
See also: 10 Tips For Dating A Coworker
Questions to ask to get to know someone
1. Do you have any hobbies?
2. Are you a morning person?
3. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
4. Do you play sports?
5. Do you watch sports?
6. Friday night: staying home or going out?
7. Coffee shop, bar, restaurant, or club?
8. Do you prefer wearing casual or formal clothes?
9. Would you rather go to the movies or stay home with Netflix?
10. What’s your favorite movie?
11. What’s your favorite TV show?
12. Comedy, horror, drama, romance, or action?
13. Do you like watching cartoons?
14. Facebook or Twitter?
15. Do you know any foreign language?
16. What foreign language would you like to learn?
17. What is your favorite animal and why?
18. Do you have any pets?
19. Do you like to read?
20. E-book or paper book?
21. Who is your favorite author?
22. What is your favorite book?
23. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when grew up?
24. Did you have a role model when growing up?
25. How would you describe yourself?
26. How would your friends describe you?
27. Which country would you love to visit and why?
28. Camping or a hotel?
29. Traveling by car, bus, train, or plane?
30. Sandy beach or snowy mountain?
31. What are the five things you would take to a desert island?
32. What are the five things you can’t live without?
33. If you could pick a superpower, what would it be?
32. How would your describe your perfect day?
33. Do you like to cook?
34. What is your favorite food?
35. Do you have a plan for surviving the zombie apocalypse?
36. If you could change history would you, and if you would, what event would you change?
37. If you could pick one person in history to have lunch with, who would that be?
38. Imagine that you can live in any period in history. Which one would you choose?
39. Are you creative?
40. What motivates you?
41. What makes you happy?
42. You have won the lottery, how will you spend your money?
43. What is the craziest thing that you’ve ever done?
44. Do you like surprises?
45. What are you passionate about?
46. What are your goals?
47. If you could pick any talent, what would it be?
48. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
49. Do you like playing board games?
50. Do you like to dance?
We have listed top questions to ask to get to know someone. The most important thing is that the conversations with people you just met will no longer be boring, and you will enjoy learning more about each other.