If you live in the US and own an LG G6 handset, then we have some good news for you. According to reports, a new major update has just been released for the LG G6 handset and the people who live in the US should get it right now via the over-the-air (OTA).
While the change log doesn’t reveal anything about the update, we can confirm that this is a major update, because it has a significant size of 640MB. Keep in mind that this update is currently rolling out in the US only for the unlocked units.
The summary of the update from the change log just says “phone usability and functionality has been further improved.” Hopefully, some more information about this update will appear on the internet in the near future. There are some reports saying that this new update also comes with Android security fixes for June 2017, but we can’t confirm this yet.
LG G6: Specifications
- Dimension: 148.9×71.9×7.9mm;
- Weight: 163 grams;
- Display: 5.7-inch IPS LCD display that supports a resolution of 2880×1440 pixels at 564 ppi and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3;
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821
- Processor: dual-core Kryo CPU clocked at 2.35GHz and a dual-core Kryo CPU clocked at 1.6GHz;
- RAM: 4GB of RAM;
- Graphics card: Adreno 530;
- Internal storage: 32GB, 64GB and 128GB;
- External storage: up to 256GB using a microSD card;
- Primary camera: a dual 13MP+13MP that features dual-LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR;
- Secondary camera: 5MP;
- Battery: 3300 mAh (non-removable).
If you live in the US, but you haven’t received the new OTA update for your unlocked LG G6, you can manually check for it to see if it is available for your handset by heading to the device’s Settings->About phone. In case the update is not yet available for your device, just keep checking from time to time.