Now that Apple held their WWDV at the beginning of June and made a lot of new announcements and reveals, it’s time for leaks to arise. This new mother lode of iPhone leaks comes from Ming-Chi Kuo from KGI Securities (also known as the best Apple analyst on the planet) and his Apple insider counterpart Mark Gurman.
Their work combined resulted in a whopping 25 new features for the iPhone 8, but also the iPhone 7S and the 7S Plus. Let’s see what they are.
New iPhone Features
- The iPhone 7S, the iPhone 7S Plus and the iPhone 8 will all be launched this year.
- The iPhone 8 no longer has a physical home button.
- The iPhone 8 will come with a dual rear camera and 3GB of RAM.
- The frontcam on the iPhone 8 will have facial recognition sensors.
- The iPhone 7S comes with one rear camera and 2GB of RAM.
- The iPhone 7S Plus will have a dual rear camera and 3GB of RAM.
- All the three iPhones will have the same charger, and fast charging will be a bonus you have to acquire separately.
- The iPhone 8 will come in fewer color options than the iPhone 7S and the iPhone 7S Plus.
- All three phones will come in just 64GB and 256GB storage variants, so no 128GB.
- The iPhone 8 will not have TouchID.
- The iPhone 7S and the iPhone 7S Plus will have integrated TouchID, but no facial recognition system.
- The iPhone 8’s speakers will be improved for stereo separations.
- All three models still won’t have a headphone jack.
- All new iPhones will benefit from wireless charging technology, but this will not be available out of the box; instead, you will have to acquire an additional accessory.
- All three phones will be launched at the same time.