Now that Apple held their WWDV at the beginning of June and made a lot of new announcements and reveals, it’s time for leaks to arise. This new mother lode of iPhone leaks comes from Ming-Chi Kuo from KGI Securities (also known as the best Apple analyst on the planet) and his Apple insider counterpart Mark Gurman.
Their work combined resulted in a whopping 25 new features for the iPhone 8, but also the iPhone 7S and the 7S Plus. Let’s see what they are.
New iPhone Features
- The iPhone 7S, the iPhone 7S Plus and the iPhone 8 will all be launched this year.
- The iPhone 8 no longer has a physical home button.
- The iPhone 8 will come with a dual rear camera and 3GB of RAM.
- The frontcam on the iPhone 8 will have facial recognition sensors.
- The iPhone 7S comes with one rear camera and 2GB of RAM.
- The iPhone 7S Plus will have a dual rear camera and 3GB of RAM.
- All the three iPhones will have the same charger, and fast charging will be a bonus you have to acquire separately.
- The iPhone 8 will come in fewer color options than the iPhone 7S and the iPhone 7S Plus.
- All three phones will come in just 64GB and 256GB storage variants, so no 128GB.
- The iPhone 8 will not have TouchID.
- The iPhone 7S and the iPhone 7S Plus will have integrated TouchID, but no facial recognition system.
- The iPhone 8’s speakers will be improved for stereo separations.
- All three models still won’t have a headphone jack.
- All new iPhones will benefit from wireless charging technology, but this will not be available out of the box; instead, you will have to acquire an additional accessory.
- All three phones will be launched at the same time.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.