IMO is an app for chatting, calling, video calling like any other. It is similar to Viber and WhatsApp, but it has its meaningful differences. You have to have an internet connection in order to be able to use IMO, in order words, your Wi-Fi or your mobile data must be turned on whenever you want to use this wonderful app. It is also available for both IOS and Android users, so you do not have to worry about that. It is basically available to anyone! And since many people use it, the app itself crashes sometimes. If you were getting a notification that the app has stopped working on your phone, do not worry, this problem is easily solvable! Just follow these simple steps down below and you will be able to use the app again in no time, we are sure of it!
First of all, we will be giving you some possible reasons why IMO has stopped working on your phone since this is a common problem among users.
See also: How to delete IMO Messenger chat history
Reasons why the app stopped working on your phone
There are a few reasons why this issue could occur to you.
- Your phone is maybe overheated.
- You do not have enough space on your phone for IMO to work properly.
- Maybe your Wi-Fi or mobile data are turned off. Or, you do not have internet access at all.
- There is a chance that you have an outdated version of your Android.
- Maybe the version of the app that you are trying to use is outdated and there is a new update available.
- Your RAM or cache memory is full.
- Since many people use IMO the app tends to crash on its own. And sometimes, it just runs into a bug and it becomes unavailable for the users, that is the app’s system problem, everything is fine with your phone.
Steps to fixing the issue
There are a few things that you can try in order to fix this issue that you are having. These steps are really simple, and they should definitely work for you. If they do not, follow the instructions at the end of this article.
- First of all, check your internet connection. If your Wi-Fi or your mobile data are turned off, turn them on! IMO will not work unless you have a stable internet connection. And if you have some kind of problems, for example, with your Wi-FI, restart the router, or call your internet provider to get more information.
- If the version of the app that you are using is outdated, and if there is a new update available on your Google Play Store, or on your App Store, go ahead and download it. When the downloading process is done, check if the app is working again.
- When your phone gets overheated, some apps on it will not be able to work properly. To fix this issue just simply restart your phone. Or you can turn it off for a certain amount of time, and then turn it on again. After that, check if the app has started to work again. If it did not, keep following these steps.
- You should check to see if your phone’s memory is full. When that is the case, the apps will not have enough space to work, so you might have to delete the apps that you haven’t used in some time. Also, delete the photos and the videos from your phone that you no longer need.
- There is a chance, like we have previously mentioned, that the app crashes on itself. If that happens, there is not much that you can do, except to wait. Just wait a while, and the problem is going to be fixed on its own.