Competing with some of the top companies like Apple and Samsung, Huawei continues to amaze its users with smartphones which offer exclusive features. One of their latest releases in 2017 was the Huawei Mate 10 Lite. The smartphone needs no introduction as it is already quite popular among the Huawei fans. But if you are looking forward to exploring it further then here is a list some interesting Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips and tricks.
Read also- Best Features of Huawei Mate 10 Lite
Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips and tricks
Flip to Silent Your Phone
This is one the interesting Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips to use especially when you are lazy or sleepy or too engrossed in work to take a call. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Motion Control > Flip to Mute – tap on this and you have two features under this one is Mute Incoming Calls and the other is Mute Timers and Alarms. Toggle both the features ON to make the best use of it.
Once the feature is ON and you receive a phone call, you can just flip or turn over your phone and it will silent the call. The same can be done when the alarm or timer sounds.
If you have more than one account for some apps such as Facebook or WhatsApp, you can make use of this handy feature. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > App Twin > there are 4 apps for which you can have two accounts – Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, and Messenger. Toggle the feature ON for the app that you want to use two accounts.
Once you toggle the feature on there will be two app icons created on your screen.
Some may find this feature to be one of the best Huawei Mate 10 Lite tricks. The feature is useful in keeping your personal and private life separate. Huawei created this feature so you can freely hand over your phone to anyone without the fear of him/her seeing your private chats, videos or pictures. Here is what you need to do to enable this feature:
- Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Users > Add PrivateSpace. When you tap on it you are directed to the next screen which will ask you to set a nickname for the PrivateSpace. The next screen explains the PrivateSpace feature and asks you to set up a password or fingerprint to access your private space. Remember that if you are using the fingerprint to access the PrivateSpace then it should be a different one than what you are using for your MainSpace.
Once the passcode or fingerprint scanner is set up it will instantly create a PrivateSpace for you by the nickname you picked. Say you have the fingerprint of your thumb setup for your MainSpace and index finger for your PrivateSpace. So, now if you lock the screen and use your index finger to open the phone it will open the PrivateSpace while your thumb fingerprint opens the MainSpace for you.
This is a handy tip for those who like to keep a lot of documents or files on their phone hidden from prying eyes. Along with the documents, you can also hide pictures, videos or music. Here is what you need to do:
Before you can begin this process remember you should have your security set up in place. You should have your fingerprint set up as a security option.
- Go to File Manager on your screen
- Look for Safe icon and tap on it
- It will prompt you to unlock it with your fingerprint
Once your fingerprint is scanned it will lead you to a screen which shows your files, audios, images, and videos. You can now have them locked in the File Safe. Only you will be able to access them when you unlock them with your fingerprint.
Huawei offers a range of security options to its users and the App Locke is one of the best Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips and tricks on the list. Besides safeguarding your files, pictures etc. you can also lock the apps. Huawei has built-in the option for its users so you don’t have to download any third-party app to make use of this function. Here is what you need to do to use this features:
- Go to Phone Manager and locate App Lock
- Use your fingerprint to unlock the app
- You will find the list of all the apps that you have on your phone
- To enable the App Locker for a specific app toggle the feature ON
Once the App Locker is enabled for the desired apps you need to scan your fingerprint to access it. The feature is flawless and works hassle-free.
You also have the option to play around with your notification panel. You change the way you get notifications. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Notifications > Status Bar > Notification Method – tap on it to get a pop-up. You have three different options mentioned in it – icons, numbers and none. These refer to the way your notifications from different apps will be displayed on the notification panel. Whether you want them in numbers or icons or don’t want any notifications at all; the choice is completely yours.
Save Battery Life
Although the Huawei Mate 10 Lite has an amazing battery life, this tip will help you handle urgent situations when you don’t have a charger around. It is one of the coolest Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips to have up your sleeve. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Battery > Ultra Battery Saving Mode.
When this mode is active then you have the option to keep just six apps working. You can select them according to your requirement.
Touch Disable Mode
The Touch Disable Mode keeps any accidental touches from opening your phone. This mostly happens when your phone is in your handbag or your pocket. This is what you need to do to stop such accidental brushes:
- Go to Settings > Smart Assistance > Touch-Disable Mode and toggle this feature ON.
While you are on this screen there is another interesting feature which activates when required. Just below the Touch-Disable Mode is the Gloves Mode. When this feature is toggled on you can operate your Huawei Mate 10 Lite while having your gloves on. The cold weather won’t come your way when it comes to using mobiles.
Huawei Continues to Amaze Even When it is Locked
There are several operations which you can perform even when your phone is locked. All you need to do is swipe up from the bottom to display some of these shortcuts. You have the voice recorder, bar-code reader, calculator, flashlight, timer etc. These are fixed and cannot be changed. You can also change your wallpaper from a locked screen.
- You just need to swipe to change the wallpaper. Press a button located towards the left of your screen and whenever you lock and open your screen you will get a new wallpaper. If you press the pause button the wallpaper will stop on the one on that you like.
The last and one of the best Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips and tricks is the Video Pop-Up feature. Huawei Mate 10 Lite has oodles of fun for you. This feature lets you see a video while you work around with other apps. Here is how it works.
- You need to go to the Video Player and play any video that you like.
- As the video is playing you will find a button on the upper right-hand side of your phone. It is a squarish icon. Just tap on it
- As you do it the video reduces in its window side and exits to your Home Screen. It looks exactly like a pop-up.
- You can now work with any other app if you want while you also see the video.
Try out these tips and tricks on your Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
Read also- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Tips and Tricks
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.