Competing with top companies like Apple and Samsung, Huawei continues to amaze its users with smartphones that offer exclusive features.
One of their latest releases in 2017 was the Huawei Mate 10 Lite. The smartphone needs no introduction as it is already quite popular among Huawei fans. But if you are looking forward to exploring it further, here is a list of some interesting Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips and tricks.
Read also - Best Features of Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips and tricks
Flip to Silent Your Phone
This is a helpful Huawei Mate 10 Lite tip, especially when you are lazy, sleepy, or too engrossed in work to take a call. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Motion Control > Flip to Mute – tap on this. There are two features under this, one is Mute Incoming Calls, and the other is Mute Timers and Alarms. Toggle both the features ON to make the best use of them.
Once the feature is ON and you receive a phone call, you can flip or turn over your phone, which will silence the call. The same can be done when the alarm or timer sounds.
You can use this handy feature if you have more than one account for some apps such as Facebook or WhatsApp. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > App Twin > there are four apps for which you can have two accounts – Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, and Messenger. Toggle the feature ON for the app that you want to use on two accounts.
Once you toggle the feature, two app icons will be created on your screen.
Some may find this feature one of the best Huawei Mate 10 Lite tricks. It is useful in keeping your personal and private life separate. Huawei created this feature so you can freely hand over your phone to anyone without the fear of him/her seeing your private chats, videos, or pictures. Here's what you need to do to enable this feature:
- Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Users > Add PrivateSpace. When you tap on it, you will be directed to the next screen, asking you to set a nickname for the PrivateSpace. The next screen explains the PrivateSpace feature and asks you to set up a password or fingerprint to access your private space. Remember that if you use the fingerprint to access PrivateSpace, it should be different than what you use for your MainSpace.
Once a passcode or fingerprint scanner is set up, it will instantly create a PrivateSpace for you by the nickname you picked. Say you have the fingerprint of your thumb setup for your MainSpace and index finger for your PrivateSpace; if you lock the screen and use your index finger to open the phone, it will open the PrivateSpace while your thumb fingerprint opens the MainSpace for you.
This is a handy tip for those who like to keep many documents or files on their phone hidden from prying eyes. You can also hide pictures, videos, or music with the documents. Here is what you need to do:
Before we begin this process, remember that you need to set up your security Your fingerprints should be set up as a security option.
- Go to the File Manager on your screen
- Look for the Safe icon and tap on it
- It will prompt you to unlock it with your fingerprint
Once your fingerprint is scanned, it will lead you to a screen that shows your files, audio, images, and videos. You can now have them locked in File Safe. Only you can access them when you unlock them with your fingerprint.
Huawei offers its users a range of security options, and the app Locke is one of the best Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips and tricks on the list. Aside from safeguarding your files, pictures, etc., you can also lock the apps. Huawei has a built-in option for its users, so you don’t have to download any third-party app to use this function. Here is what you need to do to use this feature:
- Go to Phone Manager and locate App Lock
- Use your fingerprint to unlock the app
- You will find a list of all the apps that you have on your phone
- To enable the App Locker for a specific app, toggle the feature ON
Once the App Locker is enabled for the desired apps, you will need to scan your fingerprint to access it. The feature is flawless and works hassle-free.
You also have the option to play around with your notification panel. You change the way you get notifications. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Notifications > Status Bar > Notification Method – tap on it to get a pop-up. There are three options: icons, numbers, and none. This refers to how your notifications from different apps will be displayed on the notification panel. Whether you want them in numbers or icons or don’t want any notifications, the choice is entirely yours.
Save Battery Life
Although the Huawei Mate 10 Lite has a fantastic battery life, this tip will help you handle urgent situations when you don’t have a charger. It is one of the most astounding Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips to have up your sleeve. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Battery > Ultra Battery Saving Mode.
If this mode is active, then you have the option to keep just six apps working. You can select them according to your requirements.
Touch Disable Mode
Touch Disable Mode keeps any accidental touches from opening your phone. This mostly happens when your phone is in your handbag or your pocket. Here’s what you need to do to stop such accidental brushes:
- Go to Settings > Smart Assistance > Touch-Disable Mode and toggle this feature ON.
While you are on this screen, another exciting feature activates when required. Just below Touch-Disable Mode is Gloves Mode. When this feature is toggled on, you can operate your Huawei Mate 10 Lite while having your gloves on. The cold weather won’t come your way when using mobiles.
Huawei Continues to Amaze Even When it is Locked.
You can perform several operations even when your phone is locked. All you need to do is swipe up from the bottom to display some of these shortcuts. You have a voice recorder, bar-code reader, calculator, flashlight, timer, etc. These are fixed and cannot be changed. You can also change your wallpaper from a locked screen.
- You need to swipe to change the wallpaper. Press the button towards the left of your screen; whenever you lock and open your screen, you will get a new wallpaper. If you press the pause button, the wallpaper will stop on the one you like.
The Video Pop-Up feature is the last and one of the best Huawei Mate 10 Lite tips and tricks. Huawei Mate 10 Lite has oodles that are fun for you. This feature lets you watch videos while working with other apps. Here is how it works.
- Go to the Video Player and play any video.
- When the video is playing, you will find a button on the upper right-hand side of your phone. It is a squarish icon. Just tap on it.
- When you do this, the video reduces in its window side and exits to your Home Screen. It looks exactly like a pop-up.
- You can now use any other app while watching the video.
Try out these tips and tricks on your Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
Read also - Huawei Mate 10 Pro Tips and Tricks