From the moment Samsung Galaxy S6 was released, which was in April 2015, it is considered as one of the best smartphones. It has a 5.1-inch display, 3GB RAM, powerful camera and processor, and so many features that are offering the exceptional experience to the users. It is very important to update the software on your Galaxy S6, because once you do that you can expect to see additional features, bug fixes, and better performance in general. With all that in mind, we are sure you want to know how to update the software on Samsung Galaxy S6, and that’s exactly what we are going to show you here. Before you start, backup your files.
You may also read: How To Use Gesture Wake Up On Samsung Galaxy S6
How to update the software on Samsung Galaxy S6
Updating the software on Samsung Galaxy S6 is not complicated at all. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps which are listed below:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Next, tap on Apps and select Settings. Find “About Device” and click on that. Now, tap Software Updates and click Update Now.
When you do this, a warning message will show up, to remind you that you should not download the update via mobile network because it may result in additional costs and that you should choose Wi-Fi Instead. Click OK.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S6 will check for updates. If the update for your device is not available, click OK.
- In case the update is available, wait a bit and it will be downloaded. When downloading process is finished, tap INSTALL and then OK.
- Your smartphone will restart and right after it restarts the updates will be installed.
Now that you have the guide on how to update the software on Samsung Galaxy S6, get to work! If there is an update available you can be sure your device will perform much better, and there will be some exciting features to enjoy in.
Image Source: technologyandnews.info
You may also read: How To Take Selfies On Samsung Galaxy S6 Using Gesture Control