Choosing a browser is a personal thing that has to do a lot with one’s own tastes and sensibilities when it comes to what programs they prefer to use on a daily basis. There are a lot of good options out there, and one of them seems to be Microsoft Edge.
Although Microsoft’s new Edge browser is a pretty good one and it’s decidedly far superior to Internet Explorer, some people might not get along with it as well as others do. For these people, we have prepared this nifty little uninstallation guide. Here’s how to uninstall Microsoft Edge from your Windows 10 device in five easy steps.
- Open your browser and find a reliable download link for the “Uninstall Edge Zip” file. You will find one on tech blogs for sure.
- As its title clearly indicates, the file is in ZIP format. You need to extract all the files from it in a separate folder of their own. Then observe these two files:
- Uninstall Edge.cmd
- Run the Uninstall Edge .cmd file as admin on your computer and click ‘Yes’ if and when you see the according to UAC prompt, then wait for the script to complete its job. This won’t take too long, but don’t expect this process to be easy peasy either. Give it some time, all good things take time.
- Now you will ideally see the following message: “Microsoft Edge should be uninstalled”. There is one more step after this and you will be done with it.
- The last thing you need to do in order for the Microsoft Edge browser to be completely and successfully uninstalled is to restart your computer, of course. Do that and the process will be complete at last.