Many people that have been using Instagram on a daily basis say that the IGTV notifications are one of the most boring things ever. Some people also say that is really unnecessary, and that those kinds of notifications really bother and disturb them. So, if you are a person among those who would like to simply not get another new notification form your IGTV channel ever, we are here to help you achieve that. There is a way to turn those kinds of notifications off, and, in this article, we are going to be giving you a small guide that is going to help you turn them off. In just a few simple steps, you will no longer be disturbed by those annoying notifications that you get constantly. Without further ado, let’s get right to the chase and start explaining this process to you, it is very easy, so, don’t worry about that!
See also: How to turn off IGTV
Steps to turning off the notifications that you get from Instagram IGTV
Before you start doing these steps, please log into your Instagram account and open that app on your device.
- The first thing that you should be able to see when the app opens up is the Home screen and your feed. You will have to click on the My Profile icon to open up your profile and eventually access the Notification settings.
- When you are on the page of your profile, you can either swipe right to open up a right sidebar or click on the three-lined button that is located in the top right corner of your screen to also access that sidebar.
- Once that right sidebar has been expanded on your screen, find the gear icon and tap on it. By tapping on that gear icon, you are going to be opening your Instagram account settings.
- The top section there is the Notifications section, tap on that too, to expand the Notifications settings and change your IGTV notifications.
- When that page has been loaded on your screen, look for the Live and IGTV section there.
- That section is going to be divided into two subsections. The first section there is the IGTV Video Upload section and the other one is the IGTV Video Counts. To turn all kinds of notifications that you might be getting from your IGTV channel, simply turn both of these sections by clicking on the Off button that is located right next to them. If you only want to turn off one of these, leave one on the On button, and the other one on the Off button. And you are pretty much done after this. The changes are being saved automatically and you do not have to click on any kind of Save button. Simply leave those two pages and return to your Instagram Home page. Now, finally, exit the Instagram application. After that, delete the tab with your most recently used apps to expand your RAM memory. You are able to access Instagram now and use it regularly, without any notifications from your IGTV videos.
Steps to turning the IGTV notifications back on
If you have changed your mind, and you want to turn the notifications back on, simply follow the steps from 1-5 and then, change the settings of those sections by turning them on, on the On button. You will from now on get all notifications that you used to get from the IGTV community. Remember that you have the ability to always change these settings and that you can always turn the notifications that you get from your IGTVs.