While many would not recommend you to turn the iCloud off, there are many reasons why you may want to do so. Perhaps you don’t want to sync the data to other devices, or you don’t want to have a backup. It is entirely your choice. And here, we are going to show you how to turn off iCloud on your iPhone.
See also: How To Cancel iCloud Storage Plan
How to turn off iCloud
Turning the iCloud off is pretty simple. Here are the steps for that:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone
- Tap your name at the top of the screen
- Scroll down and tap Sign out
- Next, enter your Apple ID
- Now tap Turn off
- You can choose the data of which you want to have a copy. To do so, tap on the switch right next to each option you want.
- When you are done, tap Sign Out and tap Sign Out one more time to confirm your action.
How to turn off certain iCloud features
Keep in mind that you have the option to turn off certain features of iCloud instead. If that’s something that sounds interesting to you, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings
- Tap your name and then tap iCloud
- You will see a bunch of features on the next screen that will show up
- To turn them off, just tap on the switch right next to each. When the feature is off, the switch will turn white.
This could be a better option than the option of turning the iCloud off completely. It is simply because there are some very important things that are super useful in certain situations, such as Find my iPhone. You know the steps for both of the options, so choose the one you find suitable and make desired changes.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.