Discord has a variety of fantastic features and one of them is an overlay. It allows you to use messaging and voice chatting when playing your favorite games. It is the top feature to be used when playing with others or in times when you want to stream your game. However, if you are playing solo, this feature could turn into a distraction. Fortunately, you can disable it with just a few clicks. Here, we are going to show you the steps to do just that. Without further ado, let’s see how to turn off Discord overlay.
See also: How To Enable Discord Slowmode
Guide: How to turn off Discord overlay
If you don’t want to be disturbed while playing your favorite games, then turning off Discord overlay is the best move you can make. Here is how to disable this feature:
- Open the Discord app on your computer
- When Discord opens, click on the User Settings icon (a gear icon located in the bottom-left)
- A menu will open and now scroll until you find App Settings
- Next, click on Overlay
- Right at the top of the page, you will see an option “Enable in-game overlay” and you will notice a switch right next to it
- To disable the feature, just click on that switch
- Once it is turned off, the switch will turn into gray color
That is all! You have just turned off Discord overlay and you can enjoy playing without being disturbed by other Discord users.
You can enable it again by following the same steps we have listed here and then click on the switch next to the “Enable in-game overlay” option.