For those who have explored the worlds of web and video conferencing, you must have come across Livestorm. Livestorm is a web-based platform where people can stream videos, share screens, and host webinars among other things. ‘Web-based’ means that Livestorm is designed for use on a browser and so there is no app installation that is needed. If you host a webinar, Livestorm usually saves the video and at the end, you have an option to download it.
Transcription is getting textual information from a video or an audio file. After hosting your webinar, you may need to transcribe it for this or that reason. Instead of sourcing for transcription experts who may charge you a million bucks for your few-minute webinar, you can do it yourself. This article will guide you on how to transcribe your Livestorm webinar.
Transcription, Livestorm, and Webinars
Since Livestorm does not have an option for you to transcribe, you need to use a third-party platform. These are like Temi and Happy Scribe. This article will show you how you can get your webinar’s video transcribed on both platforms.
First, you shall learn how to download the video, which is quite easy.
Downloading the video
- Visit Livestorm.co on a modern browser
- On the page that opens, click on the ‘Login’ button that is at the top-right corner. Enter your login credentials.
- Hover over the video you want to transcribe and click on the icon with three dots.
- On the menu that displays, click on the ‘Webinar room’ option.
- On the webinar’s page, click on the cloud icon at the top-right corner of the video’s screen. The download will start immediately and will be saved in your local storage.
- Visit Temi.com on your browser.
- On the page that opens, click the large ‘Select audio/video file’ button. You will be directed to your local storage. Choose the webinar video file.
- After a successful upload, Temi will ask you to add an email address. They will send the transcript’s link there.
- Go to your mailbox and click on the link in the email you receive from Temi.
- The link will open you up to a page where you will see the transcript. You can copy and paste it to any text editor.
On Happy Scribe
Happy Scribe has set up an end of its website specifically for Livestorm webinars. You can look it up here but before you do, check out these steps:
- On your browser, visit Happyscribe.com.
- On the page that opens, click on the pink ‘Get started free’ button that is at the top-right corner.
- Fill the ‘Try Happy Scribe for free’ form. Add your first name, last name, email, and password. Then, click the blue ‘Get Started Free’ button. On the page that appears, click ‘Continue’.
- Then, click ‘Transcription’. The uploading page will open.
- Click ‘Upload a file’. On the box that appears, specify the quality of the webinar’s video.
- Then, select the video file from ‘My Device’ and the language spoken in the webinar.
- Once the upload is successful, click ‘Transcribe’.
- Fill in the formalities that Happy Scribe shows you on the screens that appear.
The remaining time of the transcription will be shown. When your file will be ready, you will be shown the ‘Open dashboard’ button.
- Click on the file and the transcript will open in a new tab. You can copy the text and paste it on a text editor.