Google Drive is basically some additional storage for your files on your Google Account. You can use Google Drive for keeping, sending, and sharing your files with others. It is an additional 15GB space that really comes in handy. Everyone who has a Gmail account also has space on Google Drive. Those two come together because Google Drive is one of the many features Gmail has. In that additional space, you are able to put any kind of files you want, and you will know that they are always safe and in the right place. You can store your media, pictures, videos, presentations, audios, music, and a lot more stuff. In this article, we are going to show you how you can easily use and share your Google Drive files with others. Keep reading this step by step guide.
See also: How to add music to Google Slides
Steps to doing it:
In order to share some of them, you first have to put some files into your Google Drive. You can do that by clicking on the + icon and you can make a new folder, or just put some of your files out there. But, we are going to assume that you already know how to do that and that you already have some files in your Google Drive, so we are going to proceed to the first step right away.
- Go and open the document that you want to share with others.
- If you are using Google Drive on your computer, simply right-click the document and click on the Share button. But if you are using Google Drive on your phone, click on the File button, and then when the new small window appears on your screen click on the Share button.
- Now, you are able to get a sharable link and just give it to others so they can get access to that document via that link. But you are also able to send an email with that link to others so they can see the document.
- You are going to see a small window where you should type in the emails of the people you want to give access to the document. And also, there is a possibility to write them some kind of note if you want, but that is not necessary.
- There are several types of access you can give to the person you are sending the document to. A few options are available, they can comment, view, or edit the document. Choose whichever you want and click on the Done button.
If a person wants to view and enter the document, they should just open the email that they have gotten from you and click on that link and the document is going to open on their device.
Sharing your documents to some of your social media:
If you wish to share your document with others on the web, you can do that with these simple steps.
- When you open the document and click on the Share button (see the steps 1-2 in the previous paragraph) you are going to get a new smaller window opened on your screen.
- You will see the link you can share with others, and right underneath that, you are going to see the Advanced button. Click on it.
- Now, some of the apps that also support Google Drive documents and on which ones you are able to share your document are going to be listed. Click on whichever you want.
- You are going to be asked to log into your account of that social media network that you have chosen. Do so and when then click on the Share button when it shows up on your screen.