Roku provides access to streaming media content and users get to access thousands of channels. But as we know, there is content that is not suitable for kids. However, Roku has features that allow the parents to restrict access to specific content and chanells. Here, we are going to show you how to set up Roku parental controls.
See also: How To Turn Off Voice On Roku
How to create a PIN
When it comes to Roku, you will have to create a PIN. Once you do that, you will be able to restrict access to certain channels and content and your kids won’t be able to add channels and make purchases without a pin. Here is how to create it:
- Go to my.roku.com and log in
- Find Pin Preference and select Update
- Now, you will have to select your PIN preference. You will get to choose between three options:
- Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store.
- Always require a PIN to make purchases.
- A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store.
- If you select the first or the second option, a PIN will be required for certain actions (making purchases, or making purchases and adding channels)
- You will be required to add a 4 digit PIN of your choice and then you will have to verify it
Roku TV parental controls
If you have Roku TV, you can set up additional parental controls based on the movie or TV ratings. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Home page > Settings > Parental Controls
- Enter your PIN or create it if you haven’t done it before
- On the next page turn on the option “Enable Parental controls”
- Go to the “Movie ratings” section and choose the restrictions you find suitable
- You can Block all Unrated Programs by clicking on the dedication option.