Screen sharing really does come in handy when you are having a video chat with your buddies, or you are attending an online video conference. It is one great feature that even allows you to present your PowerPoint presentation online when you are not able to attend a meeting. It especially helped us a lot these days when the whole world is going through a crisis, and people are not able to hang out or meet in person. So, to make things easier for you, in this article, we are going to be explaining to you how to use and start the screen sharing process while you are attending a “house party” in this app. It is a super simple process, and we are going to show you how to do it on your computer and on your phone as well. So, stay tuned and keep reading this article to learn something new.
See also: How to call someone on Houseparty
Steps to screen sharing on Houseparty on your phone
In order to be able to share your screen with others, you must first open up the Houseparty application on your phone.
- Find a person, or a group and start a house party video chat regularly.
- Now, you need to enable the Screen Sharing feature. In order to do that, you must tap on our screen to expand some options and buttons. When they become visible to you, find and click on the three-dotted button that should be located in the bottom left corner of your phone’ screen. You will be therefore enabling the Screen Sharing option on your device.
The sharing should begin in just a few moments. Just have in mind to turn off your phone notifications, or to put your device on the Do not disturb mode, so that you do not get the pop-up notifications that everyone can read. Also, turn off all other apps that might slow down your device, and just leave the Houseparty app opened, and the files that you need to screen share of course.
Steps to screen sharing on Houseparty on your computer
The first thing that you have to do, is to download the Houseparty application on your computer device. Of course, if you have it downloaded there already, just open it up and start doing these steps down below:
- When the application opens up on your screen (and you are already logged into your Houseparty account, you can go ahead and open up a House Party, a chat with some person or a group.
- And, when the House Party starts, you should be able to see that a whole new window has shown up on your screen. Of course, if you and your buddies have turned on the cameras, you will be able to see each other, if not, you should see just big circles that represent people in that House Party.
- Move your cursor to that House Party window in order to expand some options there. The third option the bar that is at the bottom of that window should be the Screen Sharing option. Click on it.
- The screen sharing should begin right after you have clicked on that Screen Share icon. Everyone will be able to see your screen soon. A small notification bar should show up at the top of your screen. You should be able to see a message that you are sharing our screen, in that bar. But, right next to that message, one button should be located. The Stop button. If you wish to end your screen sharing session, simply press that Stop button, and the sharing is going to stop right away.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.