Those who engage on social media know that a post may receive different reactions depending on the time that it has been posted. This aspect is very vital, especially for businesses. If you realize that a certain group of people (a demographic) mostly logs in to Reddit at a particular time, you are highly likely to post content tailored specifically for them at that time.
But instead of waiting for that period (as it may be in the wee hours and you may be zzzing), you can always use scheduling capabilities to post. This article is going to show you how to schedule posts on Reddit.
Scheduling is planning when some content will be posted. You can always schedule a link, text, comment, or image to be posted at whatever time.
Unfortunately, you cannot schedule posts from within Reddit and so, you are required to use a third-party, web-based scheduler. You can use any of the following:
- Later for Reddit
- Traject Social
See also: How to stay safe on Reddit
Cronnit appears first because it is two things – first, very popular and second, very free (and who doesn’t like free things?). Also, it is incredibly easy to use. This is how:
- On Reddit web (not the app), log in to your account in a tab on your browser.
- When the login is successful, open Cronnit’s website on another tab.
- On Cronnit’s home page, you will see a sizeable button that reads ‘Login with Reddit’. Click on it.
- You will then be redirected to a ‘Request for Permission’ screen. Here, Reddit will ask you whether you would like Cronnit to connect with your Reddit account and submit links and comments (Cronnit will not save your password).
- Click on the ‘Allow’ button. You will be redirected to Cronnit.
- Now, tap on the ‘Add Post’ button to start scheduling a post.
- Enter the ‘Sub Reddit’, ‘Title’, ‘Body’, ‘Date’, ‘Time’, and ‘Time Zone’. If the content is inappropriate, don’t forget to check the NSFW (Not Safe For Work) box.
- When you have got all that right, click on ‘Schedule Post’ on the bottom of the page.
- A screen will open to show you the ‘Title’, the ‘Sub’, and the ‘When’ of the scheduled post.
If you are logged in to the Reddit app on your phone, you will receive a notification when your scheduled comment is posted.
Later for Reddit
This is another free scheduler that works as easily as Cronnit does.
- On their website, click on the big green button labeled ‘Click Here to Schedule a Post!’.
- You will be redirected to a screen where you will create your post (step 1) and schedule it (step 2).
- Once this is done, you will be taken to the Reddit’s permission prompt. Click ‘Allow’.
Your post will be scheduled and when it is posted, you will be notified.
Traject Social (or Social Report) is another scheduler you can use. Its only difference with the other two is that you have to pay for it. The least package is billed at $49 per month.
You can try it out since it has a one-month free trial. On their website, pick your package and then click on ‘Start my Free Trial’. You will be required to sign up and enter your billing info.
Once this is captured, you are ready to use Traject Social to schedule posts on Reddit. Traject Social is best for big businesses.
Note: Remember to opt-out before the trial period ends or else your card will be charged.
These schedulers will solve your too-busy-to-visit-Reddit-and-post issues, you busy bee!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.