You go through so many Reddit posts in a day. There are some of them that you would like to save too, right? Saving the post saves the link to it on your user profile. This ensures that all your saved posts are available at one location for you to be able to view later. You can save posts on Reddit very easily. Whether you use a browser or the Reddit app to view Reddit posts, there are methods for both of them to save Reddit posts. To find out about these methods, read this article, and follow the respective steps mentioned.
See also: How to change Reddit password
Using a browser
In case you use a browser to surf the Reddit website, then you should follow the instructions given here for saving the Reddit posts that you want to save:
- First, you need to open the Reddit website on a browser. You can open it in a browser on any device as long as the browser is supported by the Reddit website.
- Now, log in with your username on the Reddit website.
- Once you have opened the Reddit website and logged in with your username, you need to open the post that you want to save. You can open that post by going to the subreddit in which that post was posted. The subreddit can be opened by going in the ‘my communities’ section in the left sidebar on the website. For old Reddit users, you will find the subreddit that you have subscribed to in the top part of the website. If you haven’t subscribed to the subreddit in which the post is there, then you need to open the subreddit by searching for it in the search located on the top portion of the screen (in the top-left area in the old Reddit).
- When you locate the post that you wanted to save, scroll to the post (not necessary to open the post) and click on the ‘save’ option which you will be able to find at the bottom part of the post itself. For old Reddit also the ‘save’ option is at the same location.
- In case you wrongly saved a post then you can un-save it by clicking on the ‘unsave’ option present in the same location where the ‘save’ option was there.
- When you are done with these steps, the post is saved to your profile.
Using the app
For the Reddit users who use the Reddit app to go through the Reddit posts, the steps to save a Reddit post are as follows:
- Open the Reddit app and go to the post that you want to save. You can reach that post by using the browse tab and going to the subreddit that posted the post. If, however, you did not subscribe to the subreddit on which the post is there, then you need to search for the subreddit using the search bar at the top.
- Once you have reached the post to be saved, tap on its title to open it on a fresh page. You will now see a ‘ribbon’ icon that you need to tap to save the post.
- Once you tap the ‘ribbon’ icon, you should see a tick on the ribbon. This means that this post has been saved on your profile.
- If you saved a post by mistake, tap on the ‘ticked ribbon’ icon again to un-save it.
Viewing the saved posts
For viewing all the posts that have saved, you need to first go to my profile section of Reddit if you use a browser for Reddit. Then, click on the ‘saved’ tab to view all the saved posts. In the app, you can go to saved posts by swiping right from the left screen edge and then going to the ‘saved’ option. In this ‘saved’ section also, you can choose to un-save any post if you want to.