You have just realized that you forgot the Apple ID password and you want to get an app from AppStore, access the iCloud, or other Apple services. You tried to enter as many passwords as you could remember, but none of them seems to be working. It’s annoying, right? There are various methods to solve this issue, but the fastest one is using the iPhone. You will be able to reset the Apple ID password on iPhone in no time.
What Is Apple ID?
Before you head to the method to reset the Apple ID password on iPhone, here is brief info about the Apple ID. You will find this useful if you are new to Apple products.
Apple ID is a personal account for the entire Apple ecosystem. If you have more than one Apple device and sign in using the same Apple ID, you will get the best experience in using Apple products and services. Certain contents on each device, such as contacts, photos, etc, can sync each other.
Can I use an Apple device without signing in with Apple ID? There is no requirement for that. You can still use the Apple products without Apple ID, but you won’t be able to get any apps from AppStore, using iCloud, sign in to Apple Music, and more.
How To Reset Apple ID Password On iPhone
When you want to install a new app or subscribe to a certain service on your iPhone, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID password. After you failed to enter the right password, there is no option for resetting it as you may find on the other platforms. Don’t panic, just follow the steps below:
- Unlock your iPhone and open the Settings app from the home screen.
- Tap on your name, then choose Password & Security.
- On the next screen, tap Change Password.
- You may need to enter your passcode before you are directed to the Change Password screen to reset your Apple ID password.
- Create your new password on the New box and re-enter it to the second box to verify. When creating the new Apple ID password, make sure it is something that you can easily remember but not too easy to identify either.
- As you have a new password now, you can go back to the AppStore to get the app, subscribe to certain services, etc.