Microsoft Word doesn’t need a special introduction because, for years, it is considered to be the best and most popular word processor used by millions of people worldwide. It has a variety of options that allow you to make everything you write looks just the way you want. In one of our previous guides, we have explained how you can protect the file you are working on with a password. Now, you may want to remove the password at some point, and we are going to show you the steps for that. Let’s see how to remove a password from a Word document.
How to remove a password from a Word document
Many people find this step to be confusing because when you head to the part of Word where you can enter the password, there is no option that says “Remove the password”. We are going to help you figure this out. Follow the steps below:
- Open a Word file that is protected with a password
- Next, click on File in the top-left corner of the screen
- Click on Protect Document
- Next, click on Encrypt with password
- To remove the password you placed before, just clear the filed for password until it looks like on the image below
- When you are done, click OK
The password is now removed. So, there is no option that allows you to do it, you just need to manually clear the password and click OK. The document is no longer protected. Simple, right?
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.