Audiobooks seem to have gained popularity with the development of the fast-paced lifestyle that most of the people in this era tend to have. Reading books needs a lot of focussed time and you can’t multitask much while reading. However, with audiobooks, this is not the case. Listening to audiobooks it is very easy to multitask. So, naturally, for people who love books but can’t read them due to their fast-paced lifestyle, audiobooks come to the rescue. Audible is a platform that hosts a lot of these audiobooks and provides them on a subscription basis to people. If you are also someone who would love to read an audiobook and want to know how to purchase an audiobook on Audible, you can read on to find out how to do that.
See also: How to get an Audible free trial
Using a computer
- Go to https://www.audible.com/, which is the Audible homepage, from a web browser.
- Here, what you first need to do is sign in with your Amazon account details by first clicking on the ‘sign in’ option in the top-right corner and then enter the email address or mobile phone number and the password for your Amazon account.
- When you have finished signing in, a webpage will appear wherein the top-right area it will show something like ‘Hi, <your name>. If you can see it, that means you have successfully signed in and can continue following these steps further otherwise you can try signing in again.
- Now, you see a list of popular audiobooks. Also, you can search for a particular audiobook in the search bar just beside the menu bar near the top-right area of the webpage. So, basically, browse the set of available audiobooks on Audible and choose an audiobook you want to buy to listen.
- Once you have chosen an audiobook, you need to click on the ‘add to cart’ option.
- The webpage which will open now will be the shopping cart. However, if the shopping cart webpage does not load automatically, you need to click on the ‘shopping cart’ option in the top-right corner of the webpage.
- Here, you need to select the payment mode and provide details of your selected payment mode.
- Then, you need to click on the ‘proceed to checkout’ option on the right side of the webpage screen.
- Finally, click on the ‘complete purchase’ option to finish purchasing your selected audiobook.
- If this purchase was successful, you will be able to see a summary of your purchase. Also, an email will be sent by Audible to confirm your purchase.
- After purchasing, you can view the audiobook in the ‘my library’ section.
Using the Audible app
- First, you need to download and install the Audible app if you do not have it on your smartphone (download and install it from Google Play Store if you use an Android device or from Apple App Store if you use an iOS device).
- If you have the Audible app, open it.
- Now, what you need to do is tap on the ‘shopping cart’ icon in the top-right area of the app screen.
- The store will open now from where you can browse and purchase any audiobook you want.
- You can search for an audiobook by typing in the name of the audiobook in the search bar opened on tapping on the search icon (or the magnifying icon).
- Once you have selected an audiobook to purchase, you need to click on its title.
- Go to the bottom of the screen by scrolling and then what you need to do is choose a payment method.
- Provide details of the payment method and confirm.
- Once the purchase completes successfully, you will be able to see the purchased audiobook in the ‘my library’ section. Also, you will get an email from Audible confirming your purchase.
Points to note:
- You can also use the Audible credits as a form of payment method while purchasing audiobooks.
- You get 1 credit each month and you get it on that date of each month on which you had subscribed to the Audible subscription membership plan.
- The purchased audiobooks will remain in the ‘my library’ section even after you cancel the Audible subscription plan. However, your Audible credits will be lost.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.