Reddit is an online platform where people are able to discuss and post content on various topics. It is actually in a way a huge forum where people are able to say what they mean, get answers on some topics, or just have a casual discussion on any topic. We cannot really say that it is a forum, it is better if we say that it is a large community that has its smaller groups that bring people together. Reddit is one of the most used platforms in the world. And its popularity only keeps growing. If you are new on Reddit, and you want to learn how you can post something, you are in the right place. We are going to give you a full guide for new people on Reddit on how they can post their first post! Keep reading this article.
Also, Reddit is available for IOS, Android, Mac, and also on Windows devices, so we will be explaining how to make a post on each of these devices.
See also: How to join a private subreddit
How to post on desktop
Well, if you want to use Reddit on desktop, you will have to open your browser and search for it in the search bar. When you find Reddit, open it, and log into your account so you can start doing these steps.
- Once you have logged into your account you will need to click on the Home button. It is usually located in the top left corner of your computer screen.
- The first two options that you will see when the Home tab opens are the options where you can Submit a new link or Submit a new text post. If you click on the first option you will be able to post some kind of a link, maybe a photo or a video to Reddit. And, if you choose the second option, you will be able to create a post that only contains the text. Choose the one you want and continue to the next step.
- Once you have chosen the way you want to post, a new window is going to open up on your screen. You will be able to add a title to your post, and to some kind of text in the blank text box.
- When you have finished writing and editing your post, you will need to choose where you want to post it. You can either post it to your profile or to a Subreddit, choose whichever you want.
- Next, you will need to confirm the captcha that you are not a robot, and then your post is going to be submitted.
How to post on an Android phone
If you want to use Reddit on your Android phone, you must have the app installed first. So if you do not, head over to the Google Play Store, download, install it and then log into your account.
- When you have opened the app on your phone, you will need to click on the Home tab. It should be the first option on your screen.
- Look for a round + sign in the bottom right corner of your screen and click on it. This should open more options for you.
- You will see an option to Post an image or a video, an option to Post some text, and an option to Post a link. Choose whichever you want..
- Add a title to your post and a description If needed.
- After that, you should choose where do you want to post this post. Choose a community that you want and then click on the Submit button.
Congratulations, you have made your first post on Reddit.