Do you want to play Google Stadia on the Mac and have been wondering how to go about it? Well, here in this article, you will know how to start playing Google Stadia games on a Mac. You will need to have a membership on the Google Stadia platform before you can start playing on it. The membership is on a monthly subscription basis. You need to pay about $10 monthly to be a member of Google Stadia. Having the membership alone, however, does not mean that you can play any game on Google Stadia. There are only a few free games to play if you are a Google Stadia member. However, if you want to play more games then you need to purchase them. Being a member, you will be regularly getting a bonus game to play at some intervals.
What you need:
- A recent version of Google Chrome browser on Mac
- A Google account
- Google Stadia account
- Google Stadia controller or any other supported controller or keyboard and mouse
- A stable and secure internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps
Connect the controller:
First of all, you need to set up the Stadia controller i.e. connect it to the Mac. To do that, you should connect one end of the USB cable to the controller and the other end of the cable to a USB port on the Mac. Keep in mind that the Mac that you are using may not have the regular USB port on it. So, you may have to also connect a USB type-c to a regular USB adapter on the USB cable before connecting it to the USB type-c port on the Mac. When this USB cable connection is made, you should see a steady white light on the Stadia button on the Stadia controller. If you see this light, you can be assured that the connection has been properly made otherwise try connecting the USB cable again. Any other USB controller can be connected to the Mac in the same way.
If you do not have the Stadia controller and have a Bluetooth controller instead, you can connect that too with your Mac. If you do not have any controller, then you can connect a keyboard and mouse to the Mac and play with that too on Google Stadia.
You must know that if you are playing a multiplayer game on Google Stadia, then you can only connect a maximum of 4 controllers, in addition to the mouse and keyboard, to the Mac.
In order to start playing on Google Stadia in Mac, you need to follow these steps:
- Connect the Mac to the internet.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on the Mac.
- Now, go to the website https://www.stadia.google.com/ on Google Chrome.
- When the website loads, you should log in to the Stadia website using your Stadia account.
- Now, using the controller or the mouse, navigate to the game that you want to play.
- Click on the ‘play’ option near that game to start playing the game that you want to play.
Points to note:
- If the game seems to lag or lose quality then it means that your internet connection is not strong enough. So, you can try improving the internet connection to get better quality gaming.
- If you stop playing a game, then you can resume the game at the same position in the game when you reconnect to the game even from some other device.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.