The Speak Screen is an iOS feature that makes it possible for your iPhone or iPad to read aloud everything that’s on the screen.
There are two text-to-speech functions on iOS-powered devices:
- The general text-to-speech program
- The Speak Screen feature
While the general text-to-speech program will only read what you’ve previously selected for it, the Speak Screen feature will read everything that’s on the screen when you run the program.
How To Make Your iPhone Read Everything For You In 5 Easy Steps
- Go to Settings on your iOS device.
- Tap on General, then on Accessibility.
- Go to Speech section and switch on the Speak Screen feature.
- Adjust the reading speed and the voice, as you wish – These can be also adjusted at any time when the Speak Screen feature is running.
- Exit the Settings screen.
Using the Speak Screen feature
To run the Speak Screen feature once you have activated it using the steps presented above, you have two apply one of the two existing methods.
- Multitouch Gesture Method – Activate Speak Screen feature by making two fingers swipe down gesture, starting from the very top of your device’s screen. This will instantly run the Speak Screen feature which will start reading everything that’s on screen at that specific moment.
- The On-Screen Icon Method – Once you have activated the Speak Screen feature, an icon looking like the AssistiveTouch icon will be present on the screen. Just tap on it and activate Speak Screen by tapping the play button.
The Speak Screen feature is an important tool to activate when you need to be updated with your emails or the news while driving to work. Also, it can be a useful feature when deciding to relax while your iOS device is reading your favorite e-book. And the examples of its usefulness can go continue.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.