Snapchat is one of the most famous apps in the whole wide world. It’s basically a camera in which you can use some particular lenses that make the picture either funny looking or makes it better. You send the picture you take (the picture is called “a snap”) to your friends and even to people you do not know. Snapchat is not only used for sharing photos (but that’s its main purpose), you can chat, video chat and even send voice messages to others.
Since you can make group chats on every other social media app, of course, you can make groups on Snapchat too. You will learn how in this article.
How to do it?
Follow this step by step guide, it is very easy!
- Firstly, open the Snapchat app.
There are a few ways to do this. You can either swipe right to go to the “Friends” tab, upload a picture from your phone as a snap, or do this after taking a regular snap. We will be explaining all of these ways.
- When you swipe right you will see all of the friends you’ve ever snapped with.
- Look for the “New Message” icon that is located in the top right corner of your screen. And click on it.
- You will see the new tab with a few options. You will see an option to send a message to one person or to make a group chat. Since we are showing how to make groups, click on the group chat option.
- Now you should choose which friends you want to chat with and who you want to be in your group.
- When you’ve selected them to send a message, give a cool name to the group, and you are done.
The second way to make a group chat is to firstly take a snap that’s ready to be sent.
- After you take a good snap and edit it, click on the little arrow in the bottom right corner to proceed to the next window.
- Now, this is a tab in which you choose to whom you will send your snap. Look for the “New Group” option that should be in the top right corner of your phone’s screen and click on it.
- Pick the people that you want to be in the group chat and then click next.
Now you’ve created a new group chat, name it, and have fun chat time with your friends!
This is the third and the last way of how you can make a group on Snapchat.
- When you are in the app, click on the option that lets you choose a photo from the gallery.
- When you find the photo that you want to send to others, edit it.
- Click on next after that to proceed.
- You will again be on the screen that lets you choose to whom friends you want to send this snap.
- Take a look at the upper right corner and click on “New group”
- You can choose which members will be in the group, and then when finished, send a snap.
And you are done.
You can always add new members to the group afterward.
And of course, remember that everyone in the group can see your snaps and you can as well see which one of your friends viewed it.
Note: Streaks do not work on group chats. You must chat with one person, in particular, to be able to collect the snap streaks.
If you want to leave the group, click on three dots in the corner and tap on “Leave the group”. And that’s it.
I hope that you’ve found this article helpful.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.