One of the most famous platforms on the web is, of course, Reddit. Reddit is a platform where you are able to make an account, take part in many different online discussions, or just have fun with people all around the globe. Some say that Reddit is like Wikipedia but a faster version because on Reddit you are able to get information on almost anything and you can get them fast. You can even find out the news, or some kind of celebrity gossips as soon as they show up on Reddit. Some people also say that Reddit is the first page of the internet, which is kind of true, as we previously said, you are able to find out everything on Reddit and to have discussions on any kind of topics.
In this article, we will be teaching you how you can make a crosspost on Reddit.
First of all, what is a crosspost?
A crosspost is a post that is a regular post but posted in two different subreddits at the same time. Crossposting is really helpful if you want to get some answers right away but from different groups of people. You are able to hear various different opinions on the subject and therefore get the best answer.
Steps to making a crosspost on Reddit
- First of all, open Reddit on your device. If you are using your computer, open Reddit in your browser, or open the app on your phone or other devices. The steps for making a crosspost on your computer and phone are kind of the same. You will also have to log into your account before you proceed to the next step.
- When the Home page opens up, look for the New post button, it is usually a + rounded orange button. That button should be in the bottom half of your phone’s screen.
- A few new options will show up on your screen, you will need to click on the one that you want. You are able to choose from the Post Some Text option, Post a Link and Post an image or a video option. Choose whichever you want to.
- Give the title to your post and add some kind of description to it if needed.
- When you are done with that, copy the whole content of your post.
- Next, under the Select Community button, select the subreddit in which you want to post that you have just made. Choose one, of course.
- When you are done with that, click on the Post button in the top right corner of your phone’s screen.
- Go to the Home page of Reddit and repeat the second and the third step.
- After that, just paste the content from the previous post. But, when you are about to add a title, add this to it x-post from/r/subredditsname. You can add this at the beginning of the title or in the end, it does not really matter where you put it.
- Click on the Select Community button and select the second subreddit in which you want to post this post.
- After you have finished all of these steps, simply click on the Post button in the top right corner of your phone’s screen.
Technically you are done now. But just in case, go to the subreddit groups in which you have just posted to see if that post actually went live. If it for some reason isn’t there, check your internet connection first and then repeat all of these steps again. This should work and you should be able to post crossposts on Reddit.