Jailbreak can be a complicated process for some iPhone users and some other may feel afraid they will lose the warranty if they do this process. In spite of it, if you are reading this article, you probably want to jailbreak your iPhone or you just want to know the process first. I think the word “jailbreak” has been popular and no need to explain it further, but I will explain the jailbreak shortly. What will you get if you jailbreak your iPhone? Or, what are the advantages of jailbreaking the iPhone? Well, by jailbreaking your iPhone, you can access the additional “app store” called Cydia and you will be able to download and install applications that you couldn’t find in the App Store. This is the main reason why people jailbreak their iPhone. App Store Cydia provides the qualities of free and paid applications to increase iPhone’s capability or to break iPhone limitation that Apple made.
We are going to discuss one of most popular iPhone models, iPhone 5. Let see how to jailbreak iPhone 5 iOS 8 safely.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 5 iOS 8 Safely
This jailbreak method only applies for iOS 8.0 and 8.1.x.
Important!: We always remind you to backup your data first before you do the method because you may lose your data. If you want to backup your iPhone data, you have to choose to backup data via iTunes which you can read it here.
- Make sure your iPhone 5 does not have any issues such as random restart, network searching issue, WiFi is problems, etc.
- Make sure WiFi or the other internet connection is active to download jailbreak app for iPhone or for finishing the process like update Cydia
- Mac/PC which is going to be used as a tool for a jailbreak app
- A lightning cable
- Your iPhone 5 of course with enough battery life and storage (at least 1,5 Gb free)
- You must turn off any lock screen passcode or Touch ID by going to Settings >> General >> Touch ID & Passcode >> turn off Simple Passcode. Passcode and Touch ID can be turned on after the jailbreak and after Cydia installation is completed.
- Turn off Find My iPhoneby going to Settings >> iCloud >> Find my iPhone.
There are some hackers who developed jailbreak app, the two of them are: TaiG and Pangu. Those teams are dominating iOS hacking stage and I’ve chosen Pangu.
- Download Pangu for Mac here and for Windows here
- Run Pangu app (for Windows users: right click the app then choose Run as Administrator)
- Then plug your iPhone 5 using lightning cable
- Click Start jailbreak
- Your iPhone 5 will restart several times until the jailbreak process completes.
- After the process is done, you can deactivate the Airplane mode.
- On your iPhone’s home screen will see Cydia application. You can enter to this app and if you are offered to upgrade, choose complete upgrade.
That’s all. If you have any questions, post them in the comments section down below.