Some users reported the Bluetooth issue on their iPhone 6. For that, we’ll share some methods that will help you to fix iPhone 6 Bluetooth connectivity issue. The symptoms are similar to these:
- IPhone 6 Bluetooth cannot be paired with our device Bluetooth.
- IPhone 6 Bluetooth sometime cannot be paired with our Bluetooth device.
The symptoms of iPhone 6 bluetooth connectivity issue is related to iOS 8.x on iPhone 6 or hardware issue which is related to bluetooth hardware with wireless chip. Let’s try step by step to fix iPhone 6 bluetooth connectivity issue by yourself. Technobezz will divide the troubleshooting into 2 major methods which we call: Do It by Yourself (DIY) Method and Expert Method.
You can do the steps in a sequence, in order to check if the issue is fixed or not.
Technobezz Disclaimer: Technobezz will not responsible for loosing data or hardware issue that might appear in doing this troubleshooting. Do it with your own risk. We will provide you with excellent methods but certain thing cannot be predicted. That’s why we recommend you to do this important steps first before you do the troubleshoot:
- Backup your iPhone 6. See — Ultimate Guide How to Backup iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus to Mac/PC because some steps can make you lose you iPhone data.
- If your iPhone 6 still covered by warranty, you have a full right to report your issue after you do a DIY method. Through a genius bar at Apple Store, make a phone call to Applecare or the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Do It Yourself (DIY) Method
- Make sure the Bluetooth device which will be paired with your iPhone 6 is compatible with iPhone 6. Check the manual of the Bluetooth device.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is in the normal range for your iPhone 6.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is not interfered by other things which can disturb Bluetooth connectivity like Wi-Fi router, monitor and barrier like filing cabinets, metal doors, refrigerator, microwave ovens etc.
- Go To Settings — Bluetooth, swipe off then swipe it on again.
- Go to Settings — Wifi, swipe off and try to pair with wifi off, is it paired?
- Forget your bluetooth device. Go to Settings — Bluetooth, tap the devices which has been paired in your bluetooth device list then tap Forget Device then try to pair them again.
- Restart your iPhone by pressing and holding the power and home button until it restart.
- Power off iPhone by pressing the power button for some times until Slide Power Off appears, then slide it to the right. Then Switch it on by pressing power button for seconds.
- Reset iPhone Network Settings. Settings — General — Reset — Reset Network Settings. iPhone will restart to do this Reset Network.
- Erase all content and settings. Settings — General — Reset — Reset all content and settings.Restore iPhone in recovery mode or DFU mode. To take your iPhone to the recovery mode: Plug the iPhone to Mac/PC, and then launch iTunes. Hold down the power button and home button until the iPhone restarts, and when Apple logo appears, release the power button, but keep on pressing the home button until iTunes sign and cable lightning on your iPhone 6 screen appears.
To take your iPhone 6 to the DFU mode: plug the iPhone to Mac/PC, and then launch iTunes software. Hold down the power button and home button until the iPhone restarts. After five seconds, release the power button, but keep pressing the home button. If it succeeds, your iPhone screen will remain dark, but iTunes will detect your iPhone 6 in the recovery mode.
Choose restore and iTunes will download firmware that is need and restore your iPhone 6 to factory setting.
Read also — Simple Method How To Fix Apple Watch Call Failed
Hardware checking and troubleshooting
If you have done the iOS troubleshooting but you’re still facing the issue and if your iPhone 6 is still covered by warranty, Apple will give a replacement for your iPhone 6. This is a typical service to fix iPhone 6 bluetooth connectivity issue, a replacement to the new one. They will not do a hardware troubleshooting inside or replace certain part. For you who are curios and have read our disclaimer, we will try to give you a general description of what you can do on hardware troubleshooting.
- Try to unplug the battery on iPhone for 6 seconds then plug it back and switch on the iPhone.
- Another thing you need to notice is antenna on logic board of your iPhone 6. You can try to change the antenna. This solution is suitable for bluetooth which is really cannot detect a bluetooth device in very short range.
- If all those steps above still cannot solve your iPhone 6 bluetooth connectivity issue, maybe your logic board is in trouble. Some technical steps can be done, such as heating the Murata chip which also has WiFi also inside in certain temperature by hot air work station.
Source Picture iFixit