Bluetooth is a really helpful technology that offers you the ability to connect devices with your iPhone wirelessly. Whether you need a keyboard to make it easier to type or you want to listen the music via bluetooth headset. Bluetooth on iPhone 4s is still using the same hardware bluetooth 4.0 like in the previous iPhone. The real benefit of Bluetooth 4.0 is efficiency energy. Designed primarily for devices that collect information frequently, either as much as five times per second or just once every hour, the standard is optimized for long battery life. The range of bluetooth 4.0 up to 300 feet with minimum obstacle.
Some users reported the bluetooth issue on their iPhone 4s. For that, we’ll share some method to fix iPhone 4s bluetooth connectivity issue. The symptoms are similar to these:
- iPhone 4s bluetooth cannot be paired with our device bluetooth.
- iPhone 4s bluetooth sometime cannot be paired with our bluetooth device.
The symptoms of iPhone 4s bluetooth connectivity issue is related to iOS 8.x on iPhone 4s or hardware issue which is related to bluetooth hardware with wireless chip. Let’s try step by step to fix iPhone 4s bluetooth connectivity issue by yourself. Technobezz will divide the troubleshooting into 2 major methods which we call: Do It by Yourself (DIY) Method and Expert Method.
You can do the steps in a sequence and check it whether the issue has solved or not yet. You don’t have to do all the steps if the issue has been solved.
Technobezz Disclaimer: Technobezz will not responsible for loosing data or hardware issue that might appear in doing this troubleshooting. Do it with your own risk. We will provide you with excellent methods but certain thing cannot be predicted. That’s why we recommend you to do this important steps first before you do the troubleshoot:
- Backup your iPhone 4s, See — Ultimate Guide How to Backup iPhone to Mac/PC because some steps can make you lose you iPhone data.
- If your iPhone 4s still covered by warranty, you have a full right to report your issue after you do a DIY method. Through a genius bar at Apple Store, make a phone call to Applecare or the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider.
How to fix iPhone 4s bluetooth connectivity issue
Do It Yourself (DIY) Method
- Make sure device bluetooth which will be paired to your iPhone 4s is compatible with iPhone 4s. Check the manual of bluetooth device
- Make sure your bluetooth in normal range for your iPhone 4s.
- Make sure your bluetooth is not interfered by other stuff which can disturb bluetooth connectivity like WiFi router, monitor and barrier like filing cabinets, metal doors, refrigerator, microwave ovens etc.
- Go To Settings — Bluetooth, swipe off then swipe it on again.
- Go to Settings — Wifi, swipe off and try to pair with wifi off, is it paired?
- Forget your bluetooth device. Go to Settings — Bluetooth, tap the devices which has been paired in your bluetooth device list then tap Forget Device then try to repairing.
- Restart your iPhone by pressing and holding the power and home button until it restart.
- Power off iPhone by pressing the power button for some times until Slide Power Off appears, then slide it to the right. Then Switch it on by pressing power button for seconds.
- Reset iPhone Network Settings. Settings — General — Reset — Reset Network Settings. iPhone will restart to do this Reset Network.
- Erase all content and settings. Settings — General — Reset — Reset all content and settings.
- Restore iPhone in recovery mode or DFU mode. To take your iPhone to recovery mode: Plug iPhone to Mac/PC then launch iTunes. Hold down power button and home button until the iPhone restarts and when Apple logo starts to appear, release the power button but keep on pressing the home button until iTunes sign and cable lightning on your iPhone 4s screen are appear.
To take your iPhone 4s to DFU mode: plug iPhone to Mac/PC then launch iTunes. Hold down power button and home button until iPhone restarts. Count until 5 seconds and release power button but keep pressing the home button. If it succeeds, your iPhone screen will remain dark but iTunes will detect your iPhone 4s in recovery mode.
choose restore and iTunes will download firmware that is need and restore your iPhone 4s to factory setting.
Hardware checking and troubleshooting
If you have done the iOS troubleshooting but you’re still facing the issue and if your iPhone 4s is still covered by warranty, Apple will give a replacement for your iPhone 4s. This is a typical service to fix iPhone 4s bluetooth connectivity issue, a replacement to the new one. They will not do a hardware troubleshooting inside or replace certain part. For you who are curios and have read our disclaimer, we will try to give you a general description of what you can do on hardware troubleshooting.
- Try to unplug the battery on iPhone for 6 seconds then plug it back and switch on the iPhone
- Another thing you need to notice is antenna on logic board of your iPhone 4s. You can try to change the antenna. This solution is suitable for bluetooth which is really cannot detect a bluetooth device in very short range.
- If all those steps above still cannot solve your iPhone 4s bluetooth connectivity issue, maybe your logic board is in trouble. Some technical steps can be done, such as heating the Qualcomm’s MDM6600 chip (orange) which also has WiFi also inside in certain temperature by hot air work station.