If you just got one of the phones that are part of the fantastic iPhone 12 series and you have trouble setting it up properly, keep reading. We will share a few things you can try, and hopefully, you will manage to complete the process. Without further ado, let’s see how to fix iPhone 12 activation issues.
See also: How to fix iPhone 12 Bluetooth issues
Fixing iPhone 12 activation issues
As we mentioned above, we will list several things that could help you fix the issue and activate your phone successfully.
- Before trying anything that’s considered more complex, you need to make sure Apple Services are running. You can do that by visiting Apple’s System Status Page. When you are on the site, look for iOS device activation. If the service is up and running, it will be in green color.
- The SIM card must be placed properly.
- Restart your iPhone 12 – Hold one of the volume buttons and the side button until the slider appears on the screen. Drag the slider to power off the phone. To turn it on, press and hold the Side button.
- Carrier settings update – This can help you fix the issue. To update carrier settings, navigate to Settings > General > About. If the update is available, a prompt will appear. Finally, tap on Update or OK.
- Update the software – Software updates are significant, mainly because they can fix various issues, including this one. To update the software, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is a new software version, tap Download and Install.
For the majority of users, one of the tips shared above fixed the activation issue. If you tried them all, but none of them worked, contact Apple or visit one of their stores.