Huawei P30 is one of the best phones in the market right now. Currently, Huawei P30 falls in the category of those flagship phones, one of the greatest you can get for your money. No matter how awesome the phone is, the bugs and glitches may pop up every once in a while. Here, we are going to talk about Wi-Fi related problems. If your phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi, or if it does connect but the connection keeps dropping, try the solutions listed below. Without further ado, let’s see how to fix Huawei P30 Wi-Fi issues.
In case your phone keeps on disconnecting from the Wi-Fi then, first of all, you need to make sure that the problem is in your handset and not in the router itself. To confirm this, you can take any other device and try to connect that device to your Wi-Fi router and if that device does not connect it means that the issue resides in the router or internet connection (that might be down) and not in your phone. For proper confirmation, try to connect as many devices as possible. If other devices connect with the router and Wi-Fi works perfectly, but your P30 disconnects, then it is time for you to try out some of the solutions listed below.
Restart your phone
The first thing which is recommended is to restart the device. It is the best possible way to start fixing your device whenever it encounters any bug. To restart your P30, just press and hold the power button, and then tap Restart. You may also tap Power off, and let the phone turn off. Once it is off, press and hold the power button again.
Restart your router
This is something you should definitely do if the previous solutions didn’t fix the issue. Turn off your router, and wait for a minute or two. Turn it back on.
Reset network settings
The Wi-Fi problems mostly result in the malfunction in the networking settings. It does not mean the user has made some changes or has corrupted the system; it merely means that sometimes some apps or updates lead to some automatic changes due to which such error occurs. To reset your network settings, you can follow the following steps:
- First of all, open the mobile settings.
- Then go into advanced settings.
- From there scroll and tap on backup & reset.
- Among the given options look for the option which says network settings reset.
- You might be presented with some warning message accept the message and tap on the network settings reset twice for the confirmation.
This step will not only reset the Wi-Fi settings but also mobile data and Bluetooth settings.
Forget a Wi-Fi network and connect again
This may work for you. Here is what to do:
- Navigate to Settings
- Tap on Wireless & networks
- Find the network you are connected or trying to connect to
- Tap on the network’s name
- Tap Forget
Installing the software updates
First of all, we will recommend you to set your phone’s update to auto so that you never miss an update. However, to manually check for an update, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, go into your phone’s settings
- Press on the System tab
- Then click on the check for update button
- Lastly, click on the option which says check for update.
In case you already downloaded the update, but haven’t installed it yet, make sure to do so.
Wiping the cache partition
Frequently used images, ads, videos, etc. go into a specific type of internal storage, which is known as cache partition. Cache partition provides you fast access, but with time the cache partition could get corrupted. Therefore, it is recommended to clear your cache partition so that your phone remains bug-free. To perform a cache wipe, follow steps below:
- Press and hold both the power and volume up button for at least ten seconds at the same time while your phone is powered off.
- Release the buttons once the Huawei logo appears.
- After the logo, the EMUI screen will appear with recovery mode options.
- Press the volume down button to look for the Wipe cache partition option.
- Once you reach, Wipe cache partition option press power button to confirm the selection.
- Check again whether the issue is gone.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.