Many users who have bought the high-end Galaxy Note 5 are facing the problem of Galaxy Note 5 not charging issue. Most of the smartphones are functioning correctly but some of the users complained about the problem of Note 5 not charging correctly. Some of the Note 5 owners thought that the problem was with the charger and they bought new chargers but after that, they realized the problem was not in the charger. In this tutorial, we will suggest you some quick solutions to fix Note 5 not charging issues.
Read here: 5 things to know about Galaxy Note 4
Also, if you are planning buy Samsung Galaxy Note 6, read: Samsung galaxy Note 6 specs, features, and price.
Other reasons why the Galaxy Note 5 not charging may be:
- The Smartphone is defective
- Phone has a damaged battery
- The connector is bent, broken or pushed
- There is a temporary phone problem
- The charging unit or the cable is defective
The main reason of the phone not charging when plugged in is because the software of the phone requires a reboot.
Here are some of the problems which Note 5 users face
PROBLEM 1: Galaxy Note 5 “Dock Is Connected” Message And Fast Charging Not Working
“Dock Is Connected” Message – If you are getting Power Sharing pop-up then the best thing that you can do is uninstall or disable all Samsung-related apps especially those that are associated with Power Sharing. Power Sharing is an app that will let you share your battery power to another device with the help of a special cable from Samsung. If you don’t want this product, simply force close or disable the app.
To disable and close all the applications, follow these steps
- Go to Settings
- Go to the Applications
- Select Manage all applications
- Tap the All tab
- Look for power sharing app
- Just force stop and disable it
Fast Charging- Lithium-based battery charging process takes place in phases and you will notice fast charging occurring only in the initial and final phases. If you are facing some charging problems, switch to another fast charger first. If that doesn’t change anything, the issue may actually be battery-related which is hardware in nature. Contact Samsung for a possible battery replacement or repair.
PROBLEM 2: Galaxy Note 5 Fast Battery Drain Problem
Third-party apps are usually responsible for fast battery drain problem. Safe mode prevents third-party apps from running. Once you boot your phone into safe mode, see how your device behaves. If there are no issues and the battery last longer, then one of the apps is causing the issue. Delete third-party apps until the problem is solved.
To boot in safe mode, follow these steps
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power Keys for 20-30 seconds
- Once you the Samsung logo appears on the screen, release the Power Key immediately but keep pressing the Volume Down key.
- Your phone will boot up and now unlock the phone
- Now you will get the confirmation that the phone successfully booted up when you will get the text Safe Mode in the lower-left corner of the screen.
PROBLEM 3: Galaxy Note 5 Qi Wireless Charging Issue Once The Device Is Updated to Android 5.1.1
If you are facing charging issue after you have updated your galaxy Note 5 to android 5.1.1, then follow the below steps:
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Home button first and then press and hold the Power Key
- Keep the three buttons pressed and when Note 5 shows, release the power key and continue holding the other two keys
- Now android logo will show, release the Volume up and Home buttons
- The note installing system update will show on the screen for 30 to 60 seconds before the Android system recovery screen is shown
- Use the Volume down key to highlight the options ‘wipe cache partition’ and press Power Key to select it.
- Your phone will reboot.
You can also visit your nearby Samsung centre to check whether the charger is working or not.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.