Every smartphone comes with the IMEI number (international mobile equipment identity), which is used to identify each device. In case the phone is stolen, you can contact your GSM provider, and the provider will use the IMEI number and block the phone. If you want to know how to find IMEI number on your Android or iOS device, keep on reading because we are going to share several very simple methods and you’ll find the number in no time.
How to find the IMEI number on Android and iOS devices
There is a very simple method that works for both, Android and all iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, and iPods). What you need to do here is this:
- Navigate to the Phone app
- Type *#06#
- The number will show up on the screen of your device.
How to find the IMEI number on Android
There are several methods to find the IMEI number on your Android device.
- Android Settings
- Go to Settings > About phone (or About device)
- Tap on Status
- You will find the number you are looking for under IMEI.
- Google Dashboard
- Go to Google Dashboard
- Click on Android
- You will see the IMEI number along with other information about your Android device, such as model name, manufacturer, carrier, last activity seen, and registered date.
- Underneath the battery
You can use this method only if your device came with a removable battery. If that’s the case, open your device, remove the battery and you will see a label with various information about your Android device, including the IMEI number.
- Find the number on the phone box
In case you still have the phone box, you will find the IMEI number on it.
How to find the IMEI number on iPhone
Same as for Android, there are several methods to find the number on the iPhone and other iOS devices.
- On the back of the device
This is probably the simplest methods when it comes to iOS devices. Just look at the back of your iPhone or iPad, and you will see the IMEI number.
- iOS settings
- Navigate to Settings
- Go to General > About
- You will find your IMEI number along with other information about your iOS device, such as serial number, carrier, version, etc.
You can use iTunes to find the IMEI number. Just follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- In iTunes, select your iPhone or iPad under “Devices”
- Click on “Summary” to see the information about your device. Your IMEI number will be listed there.
Choose any of the methods and you will find the IMEI number for your iOS device or Android with ease.
You may also read: How to watch movies on iPad for free
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.