If your Xbox 360 is not working right and you experience some strange issues when using it, one way to put things back into motion is by performing a factory reset. By doing this, you will give your console a fresh start. It will be a sort of “out of the box” experience all over again. It is because a factory data reset will erase all the data and settings. Everything will go back to factory defaults. Performing a factory reset is very simple and does not require too much effort. Without further ado, let’s see how to factory reset Xbox 360.
See also: How to play Xbox games on Xbox 360
When it comes to factory reset, keep in mind the whole process may take a while. How long depends mainly on the speed and size of the drive.
To perform a factory data reset on your console, follow the steps below:
- From the dashboard screen, go to Settings
- Next, select System
- Choose the “Storage” option
- Now, you need to highlight your memory unit or your hard drive
- Click on “Y” on your controller to select Device options
- Select the “Format” option
- A pop-up message will show up, and you will have to confirm the action
- Select Yes
Your Xbox will now restart, and it will format the drive. Once the process is completed, you will have to set up your console from scratch.
You may also read: How To Use Xbox One Controller on PC