With YouTube Music Premium, you get to enjoy your favorite music ad-free, and you can also play YouTube Music in the background when the screen in off. In addition, you can listen to your favorite songs even when you are offline. If you have never used the service before, you will get a free trial that lasts for a month. After the trial period ends, you will be billed monthly for the subscription. You may want to end the membership or cancel the free trial. When you do that, you will be able to use the service until the billing period ends. In this article, we are going to show you how to end YouTube Music Premium membership.
How to end YouTube Music Premium Membership
YouTube Music has the option that allows you to pause your membership for up to 6 months, so consider that as well. You can end your membership on your PC or using the app. Both methods are explained here.
Using the browser on your PC
To end the membership using the browser on your PC, follow the steps below:
- Open the browser of your choice and go to YouTube Music
- Make sure you are logged in
- Click on your profile photo in the top-right corner and then click Paid memberships
- Click on Manage membership next to Music
- On the next screen, click Deactivate
- You can still change your mind and go for the option to pause the membership. If you still want to cancel it, click on Continue to cancel
- Click Yes, cancel to confirm
- You will be informed the service is canceled and you will receive an email.
Using the app
You can cancel the membership using the app, here is how:
- Open YouTube Music on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap on you profile photo
- Next, tap on Paid memberships
- Tap on Deactivate next to Music
- On the next screen, you can choose if you want to pause instead. If not, tap on Continue to cancel
- Next, confirm your action by tapping on Yes, cancel.
You will be informed that your membership is canceled, and you will receive an email.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.