If you just started using Windows 10 and you are entirely new to this OS, you will need a certain period to explore all of its features and options. In this article, we are going to talk about the option called high contrast. It is designed to make apps and text easier to see, and it manages to allow that by using more distinct colors. If that’s something you want to use and wondering what steps to take, continue reading. We are going to show you how to enable high contrast in Windows 10.
How to enable high contrast in Windows 10
There are two ways to enable this option in Windows 10, and we will show you both.
The first method is through the settings. Here is what you need to do:
- Click on the Start button
- Next, click on the gear icon to access the Settings
- In the Settings menu, choose Ease of access
- You will see several options on the left side of the screen. Find High contrast and click on that.
- The option is turned on by default. Click on the switch to enable it
- Once the option turns on, you can choose a theme
- You can choose a theme, and the options are High Contrast White (like on the image above), High Contrast Black, High Contrast #1, and High Contrast #2
- To further customize the option, you can select the colors for text, hyperlinks, background, etc.
Another way of turning on the high contrast is by using the keyboard buttons. To enable it, you need to press the following buttons simultaneously Alt + left Shift + Print Screen.