With Disney launching Disney Plus streaming service, users are grateful to have access to the large catalog of movies and TV series available on the service. Many of us may be wondering how we will ever finish watching all the content available on the service. One feature available that may help users watch the content on the go, is downloading videos to watch offline. This means that users can access their favorite shows whenever they want to without internet access. In this article, we will cover the steps to download Disney Plus Videos and watch them Offline.
Setting up your Disney Plus application
- Download the Disney Plus application on your mobile device or tablet. You can download the application from Google Play Store or Apple’s AppStore. Click on the download button beside the app icon in the respective stores.
- Once the application has been downloaded, launch the application on your preferred device. You will need to sign in to the account using your email and password.
- The Disney+ app will launch and show the Home tab. Tap on your avatar to go to the Account tab.
- Select the profile that you wish to download Disney Plus videos.
- Before you start downloading, ensure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi source. Disney Plus has the Settings for downloads set to download over Wi-Fi only. Downloading over cellular data will generate an error message. If you would like to continue downloading content using your mobile data, you can change the option by selecting to download over mobile data.
- Move back to the Home tab by clicking the icon of a house.
- Search for a movie or TV series that you would like to watch offline. Tap on the title to select it. Alternatively, you can search for a specific movie or TV series name that you would like to watch using the Search tab. You can access the tab by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
- Tap on the download icon beside the title to start downloading the movie or TV series. If you would like to download an entire season of a TV series, you can tap on the download icon beside “Season”. If you would like to download selected episodes only, tap on the download icon beside the name of the episode instead.
- Once you see a full circle around the download icon, the download is complete. A tick will replace the download icon beside the title.
Whether you are connected to the internet or not, you will be able to access your downloaded videos.
- Click on the Downloads tab at the bottom of your screen. The icon is the same as the downloading icon found beside the movie or TV series titles.
- Within that tab, you will be able to view and watch all the content you have downloaded.
- While Disney Plus does not impose a limit on the number of titles you can watch offline, you will be limited by the storage space on your device.
- Videos will stay downloaded as long as they are available on Disney Plus servers. However, you will need to connect to the server every 30 days to keep them downloaded on your device.
Deleting downloaded content
To save storage space on your device, you may want to delete content that you have finished watching.
- Tap on the checkmark icon beside the title that you have downloaded.
- Choose Delete Download from the menu that will appear.
- The title will be removed and you are no longer able to watch it offline.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.