Apple has announced new OS X 10.11 on WWDC last June naming it OS X El Capitan. This July, as Apple has announced before, OS X El Capitan Public Beta is ready to be downloaded and installed. Here is the list of Mac series which are able to be upgraded to OS X El Capitan:
- iMac (Mid-2007 or later)
- MacBook (13″ Late 2008 Aluminum, Early 2009 or later)
- MacBook Pro (13″ Mid-2009 or later)
- MacBook Pro (15″ Mid/Late 2007 or later)
- MacBook Pro (17″ Late 2007 or later)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or later)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
The main goal why Apple provides OS X El Capitan Public Beta is to get feedback from users. There is a feedback application that you can download in the dock to be used as a complaints media and feedback to Apple related to OS X El Capitan.
- You can deal with bugs and will be asked to give a feedback about it.
- You need to be ready for any changes that occur on features from the operating system. Apple will keep giving the updates, and it might change the features or appearance of that application.
Here we’re going to discuss how to download and install OS X 10.11 El Capitan Public Beta safely.
How To Download and Install OS X 10.11 El Capitan Public Beta Safely
As usual, let start it with the preparation to make sure that everything will run smoothly. Some tips you can follow:
- Prepare a minimum 5GB of free storage on your Mac. If you need to reduce data on Mac, you can transfer the data to HDD External first
- Backup all data on Mac first: You can manually copy data to external HDD or backup via Time Machine
- Do: verify disk and repair disk permission. Go to Disk Utility, choose your HDD and on First Ad tab, choose verify disk. If it’s Ok, continue by clicking Repair Disk permission. If verify disk shows that it needs to repair disk, see this guide on Section Try Disk Utility to repair disk via Recovery HD
- Restart your OS X
- Close all application
- Even though it is not a must, we suggest you update all applications first.
- Connect Mac to a fast WiFi connection.
- Connect Mac to the charger during the update process.
- Open Apple beta program page https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/
- Sign up with your Apple ID.
- Next page is an agreement page. Choose Agree.
- On the next page after, you can find Enroll Your Device.
- Scroll down the page and you will get a redeem code to download OS X El Capitan. Click button Download The OS X El Capitan Public Beta
- Mac App Store App will open automatically or choose Launch Application if there’s a popup menu message from your browser. Then enter your Apple ID, there will be a notification that you have successfully redeemed the code.
- OS X EL Capitan Public Beta Installer will be downloaded. You can find it in Folder Application or Launchpad.
- When it’s done, installer OS X will appear automatically or you can double-click OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installer on Application folder or just click in Launchpad.
- Follow the installer steps. Macbook will restart and finish the upgrade process. When it’s done, there will be an initial setup.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.