Apple has always been working on their software even if they are flawless. But in some cases, when people install the latest version of iOS, they want to go back to the older one.
There are certain instructions to be followed to know how to downgrade iOS. Now, before going forward, there few pre-requisites which will ensure the operation to run smoothly. It is always in favor of your device to prepare a backup data in iCloud or using iTunes. Do make sure that your iPhone’s battery is charged (at least 60%) as the method is a little time consuming. Check if Apple is signing the firmware file. Green rows with a correct mark dictates that signing is still on and you can downgrade from iOS 9.1 to iOS 9.0.2. Here is the iOS tutorial:
Initially, download the iOS 9.0.2 firmware for your device. Now, through Safari download the firmware file and ensure the auto unzip feature is disabled or Chrome/Firefox can be used.
- Now, the device cannot run this procedure in the normal mode, hence you need to put your device into DFU mode. Plug your device into your computer.
- Turn off the device by holding the Sleep/Wake button and swiping off the option.
- Hold the Power button for 10 seconds
- Now, hold the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously without releasing the home button.
- Release the power button and continue holding the home button until you see a prompt stating that your device is in Recovery mode.
- Click on ‘OK’. Hold the ALT/Option key on your Mac or Shift key in windows PC and click on Restore iPhone.If you click on Restore iPhone directly without holding the Shift key in your PC than your device will be restored back to the iOS 9.0.2 immediately.
- Select the iOS file which you have downloaded earlier and click on Restore and Update to continue.
- Following, the screen will give information about iOS 9.0.2 update and click the Next button. Click the Agree button to continue.
- Now, iTunes will download the iOS 9.0.2 software and will install on your iPhone.
- After the successful restoration of iOS 9.0.2, you should see the white ‘Hello Screen’. Follow the on screen instruction to set up your device and restore your device for the backup storage to restore your device.
Please note that if Apple stops signing iOS 9.0.2 firmware files, then you won’t be able to downgrade to 9.0.2. So, it’s advisable to downgrade to iOS 9.0.2 as soon as possible. To downgrade iPad 2 or any other, follow the same procedure. Just to reiterate, if the above explained procedure takes time, then please don’t be alarmed as the restoration is time consuming. The device integrates the new version of IOS and makes all the applications compatible accordingly.
Also read:How To Root The Samsung Galaxy S5
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.