Many of us have more than just one Gmail account, and sometimes, more than one can become too many. You can delete your Gmail account by following several quite simple steps. Perhaps the reason you wanna go for deletion doesn’t lie in the fact you have too many accounts. Maybe you simply don’t want to have a Gmail account anymore. Whatever your reasons are, keep on reading, as we are going to show you how to delete your Gmail account.
See also: How To Use Gmail Offline
Things to know before your delete your Gmail account
There are several things you need to consider before you actually delete your Gmail account. So, make sure to consider all these before you start.
- By deleting your Gmail account, you won’t delete your Google account
- Your search history and all the purchases you made on Google Play won’t be deleted
- All your emails will be deleted
- The address you are about to delete can’t be used in the future, not by you, or anyone else
- If someone tries to send you an email to the address you are about to delete, the person will receive a delivery failure message. Don’t forget to notify people you are about to delete the address!
How to delete your Gmail account
Now that you know all the essentials, we are going to show you how to delete your Gmail account.
- First, you need to sign in to Account Preferences page
- Next, click Delete products
- Choose account you want to delete
- Enter your password and click Next
- You will notice several services on the list
- Click the trash can next to Gmail account
- Carefully follow the on-screen steps one by one
- Finally, select Remove Gmail
- Your Gmail account is now deleted.
Once you delete your Gmail account, you can get it back. To do that, just open Gmail and then follow the on-screen steps. Also, if you deleted the account at a recent time, you will be able to get the emails back too.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.