You must have watched a couple of anime or manga on Crunchyroll already. Crunchyroll has been feeding you that, hasn’t it? When it was born 14 years ago by the American company Otter Media, its purpose was to link the rest of the world with the Japanese animation style. If you’re here and are interested in how to delete your account, you believe you’re ready to take a step back from all the anime and probably focus on something else. Not to worry – this article will show you how to delete your Crunchyroll account.
These could be some of the reasons you want to quit Crunchyroll:
- Do you want to focus on other anime platforms, e.g., Funimation
- If you are not satisfied with Crunchyroll’s library, and you want more and more different anime
- If you feel like some in-platform functionalities are tricky for you to handle
- You just don’t feel like you're associated with Crunchyroll anymore
Whatever the reason, this article will guide you on how to go about the process. For this business, you should use a desktop or laptop (Windows, macOS, or Linux). The steps are tailored to be used on those platforms.
What needs to be done
Deleting your Crunchyroll account is not a straightforward process. In this article, it has been assumed that you have a recurring membership plan – either Premium or Premium Plus membership. You will first downgrade to a free account so that you are allowed to delete your account.
- Click on Crunchyroll.com in a modern browser.
- On the "Sign Up/Login" page, enter your account’s credentials (email or username and password) and click on the "Login" orange button. This should successfully open you to your account’s home page. The cover of a promoted production will be shown in the background.
Downgrading your membership status
- Now, click on the profile picture button in the top right corner, next to the "Random" one.
- On the (dark menu) displays, click on the ‘Settings’ option. On the Acct (Account) page that shows, you should see two sections on the left side, ‘Profile Settings’ and ‘Account Settings.’
- Under "Account Settings," click on "Premium Membership Status." The status page will show on the right side.
- Click on the 'Cancel' button under ' Membership Status' depending on your current plan (whether it's a free trial, premium, or premium plus one). When a message asks us for your confirmation, click "Ok." You will be downgraded to the basic and free plan.
Now, deleting your Crunchyroll account
- You now need to visit the Nuke page via this link.
- Once you click the link, you will be shown the "Account Deactivation" page. For the "Why do you want to deactivate your account?", the following will be shown as options:
- I have another Crunchyroll account
- Too much social drama!
- My account is broken and can’t be fixed
- I spend too much time on Crunchyroll
- I am receiving too many emails from Crunchyroll
- I don’t find Crunchyroll useful.
- This is temporary, I’ll be back!
- I don’t feel safe on the site
- I don’t understand how to use the site
- You can provide additional feedback in the "Explain more below" text box.
- Enter your password to confirm that you want to deactivate your account.
- Then, click on the orange "Deactivate Now" button.
Crunchyroll’s advice: Once deactivated, you cannot undo it. Just do it if you are sure.
Join our newsletter 🎉Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on what's happening in the tech world. It's that simple.
- Latest Tech News
- Exclusive Tech Deals