There might be several reasons why you no longer want to use Instagram. You can delete the app, you can temporarily disable your account, but you can delete the account as well. If you select the first or the second option, you can come back to Instagram anytime you want. But, if you select the third one, you will have to create a new Instagram account if you wish to come back. In addition, you won’t be able to use the same username. Here is how to delete Instagram account on iPhone.
See also: Can you see who views your Instagram?
How to delete Instagram account on iPhone
If you definitely want to delete your account, keep in mind that all of your photos and videos will be permanently deleted.
Deleting the account requires quite a few steps, but don’t worry, it is nothing complicated. Here is what you need to do:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone
- Tap on your Profile photo
- Next, tap on the Settings icon, click on Settings
- Now click on Help then click on Help Centre
- Select the option “Managing your account”
- Now click on Delete Your Account
- Next, click on How do I delete my Instagram account
- Scroll down and click on Delete Your Account – you will be automatically taken to the dedicated page
- Select the reason why you want to delete your account
- You will be asked to enter your password
- After that, click on “Permanently delete my account”
- You will be asked to confirm the action
- Click OK.
These are the steps to go through if you want to delete your account. Again, keep in mind that if you want to come back to Instagram, you will have to create a new account and you won’t be able to use the same username.