Houseparty is an application and social media network platform that became famous recently. It is basically similar to other messaging and video chat applications. It is totally free and you are able to communicate with other people for free as long as you have internet access. So, if you have been using Houseparty for a while now, and you do not really like it, there is a way to delete your Houseparty account. And in this article, we are going to be showing you how to delete your Houseparty account on your IOS and also on your Android device. Keep reading this article to find out how to do it.
See also: How to delete messages on Houseparty
Steps to deleting your Houseparty account on your IOS device
- In order to delete your Houseparty account, you first must open up the Houseparty application that you already have installed on your IOS device. So, go ahead and open up the app on your device so that you can continue with these steps.
- When the application loads on your screen, you should be able to see that your front camera is turned on (because you are going to see yourself). On that screen, find the User icon that looks like a little smiley face, and that is located in the top left corner of your screen. When you do see it, tap on it to open up your User preferences.
- A new drop-down menu is going to show up on your screen after clicking on that User icon. In that menu, find the Settings (gear icon) and click on it in order to open up the settings of the Houseparty app and your Houseparty account.
- As soon as that Settings tab opens up on your screen, search for the privacy section, and tap on that too to open it.
- The second option in the Privacy section is going to be Delete Account option, click on it to proceed with the deletion.
- A small pop-up message is going to show up asking you are you absolutely positive that you want to delete your account, and also asking you to enter your Houseparty password. Just do that and click on the Ok button.
- Finally, click on the Delete button in a second pop-up message and you will be done.
Steps to deleting your Houseparty account on your Android device
In order to delete your Houseparty account on your Android device, the process is a bit different than when you want to do it on the IOS device, here, you must write a request email to Houseparty’s support team. And here is how to do that. You can, of course, use any kind of email (send it from your Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook account, or other).
- So, open up the preferred email on your device and click on the Compose (or the + button) to start writing a new email.
- That email should go to the [email protected] Write that email in the selected recipients box.
- The subject of the email should be Request to Delete Account, or something similar to that. Just make sure that you mention in the subject that you wish to delete your Houseparty account.
- And now, the body of the article should contain the following information: The name that you have used while making that account, the email address that you also used by making that account, your phone number and the Houseparty username of your account.
- When you are done with writing that information in the email, click on the Send button to send it. When your account is deleted you will get a notification email with that confirmation.