If you no longer want to have an active account on Amazon, you can delete it of course. But, before you do that, keep in mind there is no turning back. In other words, if you delete the account, you won’t be able to activate it again. In addition, once you delete the account, you won’t be able to access other services and products that are associated with your account, such as Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music, Audible, Amazon Kindle, Amazon Flex, just to name a few. If you still want to proceed, keep reading. We are going to share a step by step guide on how to delete Amazon account.
See also: How to change your name on Amazon
Guide: How to delete Amazon account
So we have cleared the air, and you know there is no turning back and you also know you won’t be able to use products and services that are connected to your account. Here is how you can delete your Amazon account:
- Open your browser and go to “Close Your Amazon Account” page
- You will be asked to log in
- Once you are on the mentioned page, you’ll see products and services you won’t be able to use once you delete your account
- Scroll down and choose the reason why you want to delete your account
- Next, check the box “Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon Account and delete my data”
- Now click on “Close My Account”.
Once you are done with these steps listed above, Amazon will send you an email or a text message and you will be required to confirm the action. Once you receive an email or a text, click on Confirm Account Closure. That’s it. You have successfully deleted your Amazon account.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.