Twitter is a social media network and micro-blogging tool on which you can exchange messages that are named ‘tweets’, and that can be shared on your account. First, they could be up to 280 characters long, and now their maximum is only 140. You can also post pictures, gifs, and videos. Most people compare this app to Facebook because they have similar concepts and options. The most popular thing about Twitter is that its users can follow experts from different fields and get updated on their work. On this platform, you can be yourself, and express your thoughts freely without conditions. Users can like, reply, and retweet your posts.
See also: How to mute people on Twitter
Why do you might want to delete your tweets?
Twitter has been around for a while now, 13 years is a long time. You might have some regrets regarding what you used to post, especially if you had your Twitter account for a while now, or since you were a teenager, and if you used to share and tweet a lot. Some people are just into tweeting a lot, and that might get them addicted.
So, you have decided to clear and clean your account by deleting your old tweets, a lot of them. And you just want to have a fresh start. Maybe because you have decided to change the theme of your account, and you do not want to lose your follower count by creating a new one and starting from the bottom. And if you have some other reason, you are still in the right place.
The steps to deleting all of your tweets at once:
To be honest, Twitter does not allow the deletion of more tweets at once just by clicking on some button. You can only delete tweets manually and one at a time. This would be a great solution for you if the amount of tweets you want to delete is not that big. However, to delete all of your tweets at once, you should do the following instructions.
- First of all, you will have to request your Twitter archive. Open twitter, tap on your user icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on “settings and privacy” and keep scrolling until you see a “request your archive” button. Now tap on that.
- You will receive a notification from Twitter to notify you that this process might take some of your time. When Twitter processes your request, your archives will then be sent to the mail associated with your account.
You can rely on another service or an app to do the job instead of you. Those kinds of apps will help you delete a huge mass of your tweets, or even all of them so you could start twitting from the start again. “Tweet delete” will save you a bunch of time. At once, it can delete up to 3,200 of your latest tweets, and save you the struggle of deleting tweets one by one. You find some kind of app that you like as well. And this is how you use the Tweet delete website:
- Look for ‘tweet delete’ in any of your browsers.
- Then log in to your Twitter account in order to connect to it.
- To delete all of your tweets, tap on the “age of tweets to delete” and select “all-time”
- After checking the terms and conditions, tap on the box confirming that you have read all of them.
- Finally, tap on “delete my tweets!”.
Reminder: deleting tweets is permanent.
Keep in mind that the retweets of the deleted tweet will be removed too, the replays and the likes of your friends on the posts as well.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.