Telegram is among one of the most popular messaging apps in the whole wide world! It is a platform that was found in 2013 by some Russian entrepreneurs. Since then, it became a very popular and widely used messaging app. Telegram is like other apps, such as Viber or WhatsApp, you can chat with your friends, send them photos and videos, emojis, stickers, files, make phone calls, and more! Telegram requires you to have an internet connection in order to use the app. So, if you do not have Wi-Fi or your mobile data turned on, you will not be able to receive or send messages to others. One interesting thing about Telegram is that it offers its users the ability to have private and encrypted chats. In other words, those chats cannot be viewed by a third-party person. It is really cool if you want to have some kind of privacy when chatting with your friends online.
And if you are new to Telegram and you do not know how to use it yet, do not worry, we are here to help you. Today we will be teaching you how to make and edit your own channel on Telegram.
See also: How to create a Telegram account
Steps to creating a Telegram channel on your Android phone
- Well, you will first need to open the Telegram app on your phone to continue with the steps (we assume that you have it downloaded and installed).
- When the app opens on your screen, look for the three-lines menu. It is usually located somewhere in the top left corner of your phone’s screen. When you find it, click on it to open some more options.
- Once the side-menu has opened, look for the New Channel option, you might have to scroll down a little until you spot it, when you do, click on it.
- You will be taken to a new window where you are going to see a What is a Channel question on your screen. Under that question the Create Channel button should be displayed. Tap on it.
- Another new window is going to open up. In it, you will be able to give a name to your new channel and to add a description to it. The Description should be short and should be about the topic of that channel.
- When you are finished with writing all that stuff, click on the checkmark in the top right corner of your phone’s screen.
- You will be now asked whether you want to make your channel public so that everyone can join it, or private, so that only the members that you invite can join it. Choose whichever you want, and once again, click on the checkmark in the top right corner.
- If you want to make a private channel, you will be taken to your contact list where you can send them an invitation to join your channel. Simply click on that user’s name to add them. When done, click on the checkmark.
And now you have successfully made a new channel on Telegram!
If you want to share your channel with others
If your channel is public, you might want to share it with others so that it could gain new members. There are two ways that you can do this.
You can share the channel within the Telegram app, or you can share the channel outside of the app.
Sharing inside of the app:
Just open a chat with someone and type in the @thenameofyourchannel and send that as a message, they will be able to preview and join it.
Sharing outside of the app:
You can use this to share it on other social media t.me/thenameofyourchannel.